Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Author Message
Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 0:08 Quote
fontafox wrote:
Once again on the topic of Rock Shox bushings:

This is what Propain said at this regard:

A quick translation is: "RS knows about the problem, new bikes get already better bushings, in case of issues RS will change the shock without problems".


The reality is that you will have to send in your shock to Propain, pay the shipment, wait for RS to reply saying that "this is not a warranty issue....BUT...the shock needs urgent servicing, and shaft replacement" for a total of 215€ + shipping.

Getting the same reply for two different shocks smells like a load of cr@p to me, and it is RS that doesn't want to take responsibility for providing pieces of hardware that widely proved to be not up to task.


Just know this before ordering something.

FYI: I sent it back my Spindrift to Propain 4 month ago for RS noise and bushing issue + 4 dead bearing.
1 month after, Propain send it back the bike to me with:
- The same RS shox (RS reply : the shox is ok therefore no change)
- All the bearings have been replaced by new one (Propain said that the original bearings have some defect...)

Since 3 months now, I ride the bike with an Air Shox without anymore issue with noise and bearing issue. But I will dismount the bike soon to check all the bearing and tell them/you, if there are still in good shape.

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
Has anyone tried an angleset in the Spindrift yet? I've just installed a -1 Works headset as the Acros one started creaking loads. Geek fact, it moved the front wheel out by 8mm for anyone interested.

Be keen to get others thoughts, but I find the 64.5 a bit too steep for what the bike is designed for.

I dont't have an angle set but I have increased front travel to 190 and changed real wheel to 27.5. Frame is full 29. With this setup the head angle is under 64 and it works fine in the bike park. Currently when the parks are closed I run it with 190 mm zeb and 29-29 wheels.

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 7:54 Quote
Seems I am getting a 29 SD this year, and I looked a bit at 3 options as potential fine tuning.

Making it a Mullet, angleset it (max -1deg), or have a double crown fork for bikepark use only.

Or have a 27,5 AND a doublecrown ready for bikepark use.

The Tyee I have now has the same HA, and for Enduro i'm happy with that, but for a do-it-al bike I might want to change it a bit. Get it closer to my Tues.

so curious to more feedback on how those changes ride.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 14:30 Quote
Frame protection .
Counting the days now till i get my bike in March.
XL petrol AL spindrift 29er.
Zeb ultimate forks
Ultimate Coil
Code Rsc brakes
185 dropper
Xx1 cassete and chain
Xo1 mech and shifter.
Think its a pretty good spec

Struggling to find protection for it invisiframe dont stock it and i live north Scotland.
What are people fitting.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 14:33 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
fontafox wrote:
Once again on the topic of Rock Shox bushings:

This is what Propain said at this regard:

A quick translation is: "RS knows about the problem, new bikes get already better bushings, in case of issues RS will change the shock without problems".


The reality is that you will have to send in your shock to Propain, pay the shipment, wait for RS to reply saying that "this is not a warranty issue....BUT...the shock needs urgent servicing, and shaft replacement" for a total of 215€ + shipping.

Getting the same reply for two different shocks smells like a load of cr@p to me, and it is RS that doesn't want to take responsibility for providing pieces of hardware that widely proved to be not up to task.


Just know this before ordering something.

FYI: I sent it back my Spindrift to Propain 4 month ago for RS noise and bushing issue + 4 dead bearing.
1 month after, Propain send it back the bike to me with:
- The same RS shox (RS reply : the shox is ok therefore no change)
- All the bearings have been replaced by new one (Propain said that the original bearings have some defect...)

Since 3 months now, I ride the bike with an Air Shox without anymore issue with noise and bearing issue. But I will dismount the bike soon to check all the bearing and tell them/you, if there are still in good shape.

Thankfully propain are in th UK now . So i can go right there with any such issues easy enough now. Ive ordered my bike with the ultimate coil, but might get an airshock for the more pedally days

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 16:45 Quote
Bmg1 wrote:
Frame protection .
Counting the days now till i get my bike in March.
XL petrol AL spindrift 29er.
Zeb ultimate forks
Ultimate Coil
Code Rsc brakes
185 dropper
Xx1 cassete and chain
Xo1 mech and shifter.
Think its a pretty good spec

Struggling to find protection for it invisiframe dont stock it and i live north Scotland.
What are people fitting.
You could check Easy frame.

I use their universal kit: with that I can cover enough of the bike. Is a bit cheaper.

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 1:04 Quote
Bmg1 wrote:
Frame protection .
Counting the days now till i get my bike in March.
XL petrol AL spindrift 29er.
Zeb ultimate forks
Ultimate Coil
Code Rsc brakes
185 dropper
Xx1 cassete and chain
Xo1 mech and shifter.
Think its a pretty good spec

Struggling to find protection for it invisiframe dont stock it and i live north Scotland.
What are people fitting.

Invisiframe do a large aluminum mullet that still fits it's just a little short in some spots on the chainstay otherwise all the main frame gets fully covered, that what I used

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 2:54 Quote
Has anyone here replaced all frame bearings on the 2021 spindrift?

I might need help to understand how to remove one of them.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 4:50 Quote
fontafox wrote:
Has anyone here replaced all frame bearings on the 2021 spindrift?

I might need help to understand how to remove one of them.

Still waiting on mine, but the german forum is much more active:https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/spindrift-2021-eure-bikes-fragen-upgrades-und-werkstatt.929164/

I think I already saw posts about it a while ago (or in the Tyee topic, dont remember) search for "lager", sometimes people post in English and they try to answer most of the time.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 8:43 Quote
fontafox wrote:
Has anyone here replaced all frame bearings on the 2021 spindrift?

I might need help to understand how to remove one of them.

Id get right on to propain for the solution

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 9:52 Quote
As an FYI, installed a -1 angleset on a mullet spindrift size L, fantastic. Should have come at 64 from the factory, but 63.5 works very very well on the downs.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 10:02 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
As an FYI, installed a -1 angleset on a mullet spindrift size L, fantastic. Should have come at 64 from the factory, but 63.5 works very very well on the downs.

Thanks for feedback.

What did you use? Works components?

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 10:30 Quote
Yep, Works zero stack. My Acros latest all of 6 rides until it started creaking so had to be changed anyway

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 2:29 Quote
Petrol gloss - anyone got one in this colour. Seen some and they look really blue rather than greenish like they look like on the site


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008137
Mobile Version of Website