Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 11:18 Quote
I have a petrol gloss spindrift, its kind of a darker blue. The tyee and the hugene are also listed as petrol but they are lighter in colour.

I have seen a couple of tyee's on the trails and they are a different colour all together, in my opinion they look better.

Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 8:27 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
I have a petrol gloss spindrift, its kind of a darker blue. The tyee and the hugene are also listed as petrol but they are lighter in colour.

I have seen a couple of tyee's on the trails and they are a different colour all together, in my opinion they look better.

Cheers . Im just waiting and finding things to moan about really . Supposidly 4 weeks till build date !

Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
Uk - duty and tax .
What did you pay roughly ? Im assuming and predicting 34%

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 0:47 Quote
Bike is now delayed because of a seat post. Speechless . Starting to think this bike was a mistake.

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 3:49 Quote
Bmg1 wrote:
Bike is now delayed because of a seat post. Speechless . Starting to think this bike was a mistake.
That is just bad luck, supply chain issues in the bike industry are still going. It is really a mather of luck regarding your configuration. What seat post are you waiting on? Did you already discuss delivery with an alternative post with them?

On the other hand quite some Propain bikes are delivered like a month early at the moment. If they have the parts they build up the bike, so some got lucky.

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 7:16 Quote
Hi bike yoke 185mm
Bike yoke have them in stock. So bit confused.Ive said send the bike ive got 3 droppers in my garage. Kust stick a standard post and then send the dropper ?
Bit of common sense woukd go down a treat.
I keep seeing people with similar spec and bikes delivered 1 month earlier plus they ordered 1 month after me. So basically 2 month less of a wait .
Also asked them to put maxxis tyres on instead of scwalbe , as they didnt have maxxis as an option when i ordered.they said i would need to cancel the full order and go to the back of the cue. Seems like a very strict process with zero flex. Will always cause issues with out some flex, usually to the detrement of the customer.
If it goes beyond a few weeks il just go elsewhere.

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 8:44 Quote
Bmg1 wrote:
Hi bike yoke 185mm
Bike yoke have them in stock. So bit confused.Ive said send the bike ive got 3 droppers in my garage. Kust stick a standard post and then send the dropper ?
Bit of common sense woukd go down a treat.
I keep seeing people with similar spec and bikes delivered 1 month earlier plus they ordered 1 month after me. So basically 2 month less of a wait .
Also asked them to put maxxis tyres on instead of scwalbe , as they didnt have maxxis as an option when i ordered.they said i would need to cancel the full order and go to the back of the cue. Seems like a very strict process with zero flex. Will always cause issues with out some flex, usually to the detrement of the customer.
If it goes beyond a few weeks il just go elsewhere.
Because the Maxxis option is only available from (end of) April I believe for the Spindrift. Are you missing Divine or Revive?

Propain is rather flexible with the configurator, But they do order based on what people select, so if you want now a Fox dropper: even if they have one in stock that one is ordered for some one else, and being shipped out soon.

And not a single brand is having surplus forward stock at the moment, everyone directly sells it stuff. It is really hard to get any new bike at this point in time before the season starts. Canyon has bikes short term available during launches, but they seem to sell out and now most are back on "awaited soon/summer".

Anyway if you ordered before the price increase, you can easily flip it for profit when it arrives. And get something else now.

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
Ordered 14th of september

It was the revive dropper 185.
Zeb ultimate
Ultimate coil
Xx1 casette and chain
Xo1 derailer and shifter
Code rsc brakes
Italia saddle
Chain gaurd.

Petrol gloss with orange decals .

Looking forward to it , i climb alot to get to steep scottish stuff , so think the bike should be good

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 11:42 Quote
Chin up pal weve all been there with the propain delivery merry go round.. itl b worth it in the end

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
Dini2k wrote:
Chin up pal weve all been there with the propain delivery merry go round.. itl b worth it in the end
Cheers mate .

Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 8:35 Quote
fontafox wrote:
Has anyone here replaced all frame bearings on the 2021 spindrift?

I might need help to understand how to remove one of them.

As Propain is out of 2021 Spindrift bearing sets, I have been trying to locate what actual bearings are in the set to purchase locally for my son. According to their schematic "link below" I see bearings for #6 and #7. #6 Seems straight forward and is a 6902 2RS, I have reached out to Propain for #7 and got SE61902 2RS. First, I cannot seem to locate that, and second on their schematic is calls it out as flanged and even looks like it has an extended inner race.

https://www.propain-bikes.com/us/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2021/09/Spindrift_CF_MY21_ExplodedView_V4.pdf

Any help in decoding what #7 is would be greatly appreciated, I have searched high and low.

Thank you in Advance!

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 10:07 Quote
sillybinaries wrote:
fontafox wrote:

As Propain is out of 2021 Spindrift bearing sets, I have been trying to locate what actual bearings are in the set to purchase locally for my son. According to their schematic "link below" I see bearings for #6 and #7. #6 Seems straight forward and is a 6902 2RS, I have reached out to Propain for #7 and got SE61902 2RS. First, I cannot seem to locate that, and second on their schematic is calls it out as flanged and even looks like it has an extended inner race.

https://www.propain-bikes.com/us/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2021/09/Spindrift_CF_MY21_ExplodedView_V4.pdf

Any help in decoding what #7 is would be greatly appreciated, I have searched high and low.

Thank you in Advance!

I just put 4 of these exact ones in my buddy's Spindrift. Probably no help to you in the US but maybe helps you search.

https://www.kineticbikebearings.com/6902e-2rsv-max.html

Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 11:04 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/22184684/

Definitely no flanged. The propain website is showing stock. Cant see why they cant send you some...

Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 11:16 Quote
davidrobinsonphoto wrote:
sillybinaries wrote:
fontafox wrote:

Thank you in Advance!

I just put 4 of these exact ones in my buddy's Spindrift. Probably no help to you in the US but maybe helps you search.

https://www.kineticbikebearings.com/6902e-2rsv-max.html

thank you!

Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 11:17 Quote
Dini2k wrote:
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/22184684/

Definitely no flanged. The propain website is showing stock. Cant see why they cant send you some...

When you click add to cart, it comes back as -12 in stock, they confirmed none available.

Thank you for the pic!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015035
Mobile Version of Website