Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 9:48 Quote
well i received my frame after exactly 6 months.
The only bad thing is that it came without the chainguide i ordered, but with a notice that was saying :

"We shipped the frame to you without the following part :

-chainguide

Because it is not available at the moment.We will ship the part to you as soon as it is available to us."

Ok, i have mixed feelings about that... I prepaid the bike 6 months ago. The chainguide was paid back then. If it wasn't in stock it should be not available as an option to order. If it was available , why haven't they just kept it for me?
It is not a deal breaker but i really don't like that....

BUT it is a beautiful frame though......

Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 10:21 Quote
amonas wrote:
well i received my frame after exactly 6 months.
The only bad thing is that it came without the chainguide i ordered, but with a notice that was saying :

"We shipped the frame to you without the following part :

-chainguide

Because it is not available at the moment.We will ship the part to you as soon as it is available to us."

Ok, i have mixed feelings about that... I prepaid the bike 6 months ago. The chainguide was paid back then. If it wasn't in stock it should be not available as an option to order. If it was available , why haven't they just kept it for me?
It is not a deal breaker but i really don't like that....

BUT it is a beautiful frame though......
Well at least you got something..Smile Most items in the configurator are not in stock, but pre-ordered and availble from date x. Or were assumed to be available, Fox seems to be very unavailable at the moment. Cry And my season has already started.

Like about a week ago the chainguides have been removed as option even in the configurator. So to me kind of unclear if they will ever come: I would ask for money back and build the bike with another chainguide.

Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 12:13 Quote
Yeh.. ask for refund. Theyll prob offer store credit, but just keep asking and they will send u the cash. Same thing with me. I was missing stem, handlebar and seat post collar

Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 14:27 Quote
They didnt have the stella saddle i ordered and also the chaingaurd and there trying to give me a credit note . Which i ask …. What exactly to do expect me to buy?
Il buy my own ergon sm saddle and a one up chain guide.
Supposidly my bikes being shipped mid April . But nobody responds to mt emails now .
Ready to patch the whole thing to be honest cant be arsed with it any more also fully expect to be underwhelmed when and if i do get the bike.

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 3:55 Quote
I had stuff missing from mine last year too, stem, handle bars, and seat post collar. Said they would send them but guess what.? Nah.... store credit.....and nothing available in store to buy.
I was thinking of buying my son a 20" propain and put the credit towards that, but nope no bikes until next year (this was end of last year) so when that would be delivered who knows.!

Its actually kind of a joke they can sell you this bike with the parts you choose, but then they're not in stock, shove some shite on it (my bars where blue looked awfull) so give you credit, but at the same time they are offering you the parts on the build when they are not in stock.

Also I did not receive an email when my bike was shipped, I had the usual like you informing of the checks. But a week later I got a call from the delivery driver to say he has a bike here, my neighbour took it in for me. I was actually surprised it was there, no tracking or nothing, still didn't get an email saying it had been shipped and it was nearly a year ago.

Its a very good bike though, although I went through the bearings issues and didn't ride it because it was pissing me off, I sorted it with huber though.
If you do have issues with the bearings which I think you will, don't bother your ass dealing with propain, just buy the huber kit, they didn't want to help me they told me to buy the huber kit. Guy at propain must own them or something haha

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 5:39 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
I had stuff missing from mine last year too, stem, handle bars, and seat post collar. Said they would send them but guess what.? Nah.... store credit.....and nothing available in store to buy.
I was thinking of buying my son a 20" propain and put the credit towards that, but nope no bikes until next year (this was end of last year) so when that would be delivered who knows.!

Its actually kind of a joke they can sell you this bike with the parts you choose, but then they're not in stock, shove some shite on it (my bars where blue looked awfull) so give you credit, but at the same time they are offering you the parts on the build when they are not in stock.

Also I did not receive an email when my bike was shipped, I had the usual like you informing of the checks. But a week later I got a call from the delivery driver to say he has a bike here, my neighbour took it in for me. I was actually surprised it was there, no tracking or nothing, still didn't get an email saying it had been shipped and it was nearly a year ago.

Its a very good bike though, although I went through the bearings issues and didn't ride it because it was pissing me off, I sorted it with huber though.
If you do have issues with the bearings which I think you will, don't bother your ass dealing with propain, just buy the huber kit, they didn't want to help me they told me to buy the huber kit. Guy at propain must own them or something haha
i wont be fetting store credit. I can buy a one up chain guide and ergon saddle. Think they might need to accept the fact , allowing customers to pic and choose parts is nice , but there process isnt set up for , neither is the industry just now.
They have pissed me right off though

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 7:39 Quote
If I cant get a money refund on a missing part and only get offered worthless (to me) store credit, then I would probably send the whole bike back I guess.

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
If I cant get a money refund on a missing part and only get offered worthless (to me) store credit, then I would probably send the whole bike back I guess.
Im the same , becomes a priciple thing. Its a shame the customer service is ruining the experince . I hear the bikes are ace !

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 10:17 Quote
I will take a brake from moaning for a day.
The newman wheels , any good ?

My wifes just bought me new wheels for my birthday, industry nine hydra with dt swiss ex511 rims.

Also how are people actually liking the spindrift how does it handle?

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
Bmg1 wrote:

I'd love to see that.

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 8:26 Quote
davidrobinsonphoto wrote:
Bmg1 wrote:

I'd love to see that.
you have a point here.

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 11:20 Quote
I got the Newmen Evolution SL A30 on my Tyee, I would rate as a good set also as aftermarket set. The Fade hub is very quit, which I like, but some might like some noise.
After two years in Alps, Dolimites and FL they are still good, except some minor damages. In the rear I have an insert (PTN) and I just run Maxxis EXO casings. It's a pretty light wheelset, but the rim edge seem to be strong.

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 11:13 Quote
Spindrift with dual crown.

https://www.propain-bikes.com/en/welcome-to-the-team-carson-storch/

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 1:44 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
I got the Newmen Evolution SL A30 on my Tyee, I would rate as a good set also as aftermarket set. The Fade hub is very quit, which I like, but some might like some noise.
After two years in Alps, Dolimites and FL they are still good, except some minor damages. In the rear I have an insert (PTN) and I just run Maxxis EXO casings. It's a pretty light wheelset, but the rim edge seem to be strong.
Good to hear .
Just ordered a set of industry nine hydras with dt swiss 511 rims. Two sets of wheels for scotland , mud tyres and slightly less mud tyres.

Posted: Apr 19, 2022 at 9:34 Quote
Anyone in the uk received a bike recently. Mines appears to be lost.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011431
Mobile Version of Website