Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: May 24, 2022 at 12:46 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:
Ordered easy frame kit . That will go on this week. Also il put a mudhugger on the front as well

I use easy-frame universal kit for my bikes. A bit cheaper and enough to do most off the frame. For the front a basic Marshguard or indeed a mudhugger if it is really muddy.

I did once a bike with a complete kit from Invisi Frame, but that was quite some more work. But there is almost not a single unprotected spot left.

But I do now:
- Bottom of down tube
- top of top tube
- front of head tube
- rear of seat tube
- seat stays
- (cranks sometimes)

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 14:50 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
bmac1212 wrote:
Ordered easy frame kit . That will go on this week. Also il put a mudhugger on the front as well

I use easy-frame universal kit for my bikes. A bit cheaper and enough to do most off the frame. For the front a basic Marshguard or indeed a mudhugger if it is really muddy.

I did once a bike with a complete kit from Invisi Frame, but that was quite some more work. But there is almost not a single unprotected spot left.

But I do now:
- Bottom of down tube
- top of top tube
- front of head tube
- rear of seat tube
- seat stays
- (cranks sometimes)

Ive done my last 5 bikes with invisiframe. But they dont have a kit for the 29er Al yet. So got the full kit from easy frame

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 15:30 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
bmac1212 wrote:

But I do now:
- Bottom of down tube
- top of top tube
- front of head tube
- rear of seat tube
- seat stays
- (cranks sometimes)

Ive done my last 5 bikes with invisiframe. But they dont have a kit for the 29er Al yet. So got the full kit from easy frame

I just used the mullet aluminum kit from invisi frame, just meant some spots on the chainstay are just a little short but really not noticeable

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 10:08 Quote
monkshed wrote:
bmac1212 wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

But I do now:
- Bottom of down tube
- top of top tube
- front of head tube
- rear of seat tube
- seat stays
- (cranks sometimes)

I just used the mullet aluminum kit from invisi frame, just meant some spots on the chainstay are just a little short but really not noticeable
Was going to do that, but my bikes the XL so would be short in a few bits

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 9:59 Quote
Hi guay! Anybody else have or had problema with the fox dhx2 on the spindrift? Like the first part of the stroke of the shock don't exist.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 7:07 Quote
Shock bolt torque , anyone got any ideas. Not in the manual. Sounds a bit creaky , want to regrease everything .

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 7:20 Quote
bmac1212 wrote:
Shock bolt torque , anyone got any ideas. Not in the manual. Sounds a bit creaky , want to regrease everything .
it is missing in the exploded diagram of the spindrift, but in the exploded diagram of the Tyee it says 18Nm...so draw you own conclusions. Smile

marcossantamaria wrote:
Hi guay! Anybody else have or had problema with the fox dhx2 on the spindrift? Like the first part of the stroke of the shock don't exist.
Arent you running to much preload? That sets a threshold value to your shock sensitivity.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 10:37 Quote
Anyone riding an XL spindrift. I Seem to struggle a bit in the twisty/tight stuff and cant seem to weight the front of the bike well. Feels like it lacks some traction. Any tips. I think its pilot error really. I was riding a trek remedy rhat was maybe to small.
Front end maybe a bit soft , about 17% sag and 30 ish in the rear

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 10:57 Quote
How many spacers under the stem?

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 11:04 Quote
Hi, i am on an XL AL Mix.
The last 5 years i was on a YT Capra (650b & 29 as a Mullet). I received the bike on April and so far did one race and a couple of trainings.
I find the bike very very different and i am also still trying to find the right way to ride it.
It is very very different than the Capra. But in a good way. Spindrift is extremely playful.
I think that you are used to the way you drove with your previous bike. For example with capra was like riding a train. Pick the line and you are gonna make it. If i wanted to correct something or change line i had to put an amount of effort.
This effort is cut to half with spindrift. It is ridiculously easier to change the line even when in tight staff. This made me many times to get off the track because i overtried.
By no means is the bike unstable.on the contrary....
If you find the front hard to handle i suggest that you should try a higher rise bar. I am now on 40mm (with capra was with 20mm).I guess that your body still thinks you are on the Trek.Maybe you have to rearrange it a little bit.

What rear suspension are you running? I have both coil and air and i find that with coil the rear end is more planted on tight and very technical staff.
And for sure, spindrift is not a bike that you hop on and feel at home right away.

edit: fyi i have only one 10mm spacer under the stem , with a Lyrik.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 13:42 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
How many spacers under the stem?

3 spacers

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 13:47 Quote
amonas wrote:
Hi, i am on an XL AL Mix.
The last 5 years i was on a YT Capra (650b & 29 as a Mullet). I received the bike on April and so far did one race and a couple of trainings.
I find the bike very very different and i am also still trying to find the right way to ride it.
It is very very different than the Capra. But in a good way. Spindrift is extremely playful.
I think that you are used to the way you drove with your previous bike. For example with capra was like riding a train. Pick the line and you are gonna make it. If i wanted to correct something or change line i had to put an amount of effort.
This effort is cut to half with spindrift. It is ridiculously easier to change the line even when in tight staff. This made me many times to get off the track because i overtried.
By no means is the bike unstable.on the contrary....
If you find the front hard to handle i suggest that you should try a higher rise bar. I am now on 40mm (with capra was with 20mm).I guess that your body still thinks you are on the Trek.Maybe you have to rearrange it a little bit.

What rear suspension are you running? I have both coil and air and i find that with coil the rear end is more planted on tight and very technical staff.
And for sure, spindrift is not a bike that you hop on and feel at home right away.

edit: fyi i have only one 10mm spacer under the stem , with a Lyrik.

Im running zeb ultimate 180mm on front. Ultimate coil on rear.
I will maybe try drop a spacer. Ive get renthal 38mm bars i might give them a go as well.
I know everyone says it climbs well. But im blown away at how well it climbs.
Thanks all

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 0:54 Quote
Put a works Angleset in, -1, completely transforms the bike

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 13:50 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
Put a works Angleset in, -1, completely transforms the bike

Il buy some of them as well.
Just been trying to get the suspension dialled in .
Whats everyone running in terms of rebound , hsc,lsc

B

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 3:12 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
bmac1212 wrote:
it is missing in the exploded diagram of the spindrift, but in the exploded diagram of the Tyee it says 18Nm...so draw you own conclusions. Smile

Propain have said 8nm. Which was lower than expected

marcossantamaria wrote:
Arent you running to much preload? That sets a threshold value to your shock sensitivity.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006827
Mobile Version of Website