Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 3:10 Quote
fontafox wrote:
Really poppy...

One thing i noticed...hard to evaluate the amount of travel used, the bottomout ring tends to jump dynamically all the way up so no way to check the actually used travel.

ideas ?

Reverse Components?
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/reverse-components-launches-2021-bike-hacks-including-shock-sag-indicator-and-angle-spacers.html

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 3:11 Quote
fontafox wrote:
I completely disagree. It pedals extremely well. And I don't really see a huge difference on geometry with the Tyee so it cannot fall so far away from that enduro bike.

EDIT:
i disagree on the fact that is supposedly does not pedal well.
I agree for the fact that the suspension feels rigid at slow speed, then it eats up everything when you speed up.

So it pedals well, good to know.
And would you call it still playfull?

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 11:30 Quote
Anyone got an opinion on how the entry level build will hold up? And maybe recommendations of what components to swap out first, I'm looking to spend about 3k on the Al spindrift.
Thanks

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 11:41 Quote
joe-mcque wrote:
Anyone got an opinion on how the entry level build will hold up? And maybe recommendations of what components to swap out first, I'm looking to spend about 3k on the Al spindrift.
Thanks

In that order, i would change :
- add a droper post,
- change brakes for the Formula Cura 4 (NOT Magura MT5),
- change wheels for the Flow MK3
here you are at 3000€.
- later, you'll be able to upgrade the fork with kits from small producer.

But i think the entry build with the Sram GX is already a good build, and it will let you ride a lot of things with that money.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
Voxran wrote:
- add a droper post,
here you are at 3000€.

But i think the entry build with the Sram GX is already a good build, and it will let you ride a lot of things with that money.

What makes you choose the wheel upgrade? This is what I was thinking for my 3100 Al build:
-Zeb Select +
-Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT Coil
-Formula Cura 4 Brakes
-Dropper

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 13:07 Quote
Voxran wrote:
joe-mcque wrote:
Thanks

- add a droper post,
here you are at 3000€.

Thanks for the response, this is similar to what I had in mind. Do you think the flow MK3 will be much better as this takes me above budget with UK shipping?

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 13:48 Quote
joe-mcque wrote:
Voxran wrote:
joe-mcque wrote:
Thanks

- add a droper post,
here you are at 3000€.

Thanks for the response, this is similar to what I had in mind. Do you think the flow MK3 will be much better as this takes me above budget with UK shipping?

it depends of your pratice. If you wont pedale, it is not necessary to take this wheelset. The MK3 are just lighter than the S1 but in general this is almost the same. for bike park the S1 will be OK.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 15:37 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
joe-mcque wrote:
Voxran wrote:

- add a droper post,
here you are at 3000€.

it depends of your pratice. If you wont pedale, it is not necessary to take this wheelset. The MK3 are just lighter than the S1 but in general this is almost the same. for bike park the S1 will be OK.

Thanks, I think I'll stick with the S1. What do the fork upgrade kits involve? I've never heard if this being done before

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 22:36 Quote
When is the spindrift going to be for sale in the US?

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 22:40 Quote
I wouldn't bother changing the wheels either.

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 0:14 Quote
joe-mcque wrote:
Sweet06 wrote:
joe-mcque wrote:

Thanks, I think I'll stick with the S1. What do the fork upgrade kits involve? I've never heard if this being done before

For me it is important to have a good suspension set up. If you can take the zeb select + as least. Because the zeb R does not include the rc2 cartridge. And the select + and ultimate are the same except low speed button.

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 5:10 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
joe-mcque wrote:
Sweet06 wrote:

For me it is important to have a good suspension set up. If you can take the zeb select + as least. Because the zeb R does not include the rc2 cartridge. And the select + and ultimate are the same except low speed button.

I can't much info on the Zeb r do you think the select + will be much better? I was considering just upgrading the shock for now. I'm not one to mess around with setting too much, as long as the performance is similar, the rebound on the fork is enough for me

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 5:57 Quote
joe-mcque wrote:
Sweet06 wrote:
joe-mcque wrote:

I can't much info on the Zeb r do you think the select + will be much better? I was considering just upgrading the shock for now. I'm not one to mess around with setting too much, as long as the performance is similar, the rebound on the fork is enough for me

I would say Yes, the select + is more like the ultimate and you have inside the last Charger 2.1 damper where in the ZEB R you only have the R damper, this is quite simple inside. You can find test on the web, like this : https://enduro-mtb.com/en/2021-rockshox-zeb-suspension-fork-test/

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
joe-mcque wrote:

I think the select+ is the best option on a budget build. It has the charger 2.1 damper like the ultimate, and sacrifices only high speed compression adjustment. The 2.1 damper is supposedly softer off the top giving you better small bump compliance while still retaining good midstroke support. I've never tested or compared them though so i can't say from experience.
Also the Ultimate has an anodized CNC milled crown and lowers I think that looks nicer than the painted version on the select+ . The select+ is only available to bike manufacturers so you can't buy it as a consumer.

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
So close to ordering the spindrift 29 al. The thing looks perfect for my bikepark days and trips to morzine. Ideally i want to run the mullet setup with the longer chainstays, anybody tried it? The pinkbike review mentions it as the most balanced option but Propain doesnt endorse it...

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007189
Mobile Version of Website