Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Feb 19, 2023 at 10:22 Quote
Hello everyone! I have decided to build a new bike from the frame up and I’ve landed on the spindrift. I want to ask fellow spindrift builders if they ran into any problems while building, if I should know anything about the process or specific parts that I need to buy like the bottom bracket size which I can’t seem to find anywhere. I also wish to know how much the delivery took for others that bought the frame (without the shock) in the European Union. Thank you in advance!

Posted: Feb 19, 2023 at 10:34 Quote
I am also wondering if they keep any stock ready for in-store sale at their HQ in Vogt. I am close to Germany and I would be able to drive for some time instead of waiting unknowingly for the delivery.

Posted: Feb 21, 2023 at 2:20 Quote
Hi,

if you are willing to travel to the HQ, you'd better contact direct with them. I am almost sure that you will be able to arrange everything according to your needs and/or maybe grab a deal.

Please visit the website.All the information you need is there(as we use to say RTFM).

1) bottom bracket size : open the exploded diagram for the model.

https://service.propain-bikes.com/technical-archive/tech-archive

2) Delivery times : depends on the model. Also found in their website: For example :

Frameset Spindrift AL Mix --> Delivery Time: approx. 10-15 business days

Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 10:33 Quote
pS6miZ wrote:
I am also wondering if they keep any stock ready for in-store sale at their HQ in Vogt. I am close to Germany and I would be able to drive for some time instead of waiting unknowingly for the delivery.

You should be able to find all the specs you need on the website or just give them a call or email.

As for delivery times I just had a new swing arm on warrenty total time took around 1 month. Delivery was 5 working days and I'm in Morzine. You will get a tracking number to follow if you get worried!

Posted: Mar 13, 2023 at 3:49 Quote
Anyone with offset bushings in spindrift carbon?

Posted: Mar 13, 2023 at 4:53 Quote
Nope, but I am running an -1 Angleset and it's the best thing I did to my mixed Spindrift size L. I never felt like I could weight the front wheel properly, but 63.5 HA now feels perfect, in my opinion this is how they should have come from the factory, perhaps even 64 HA would have been sufficient

Posted: Mar 16, 2023 at 6:38 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
Nope, but I am running an -1 Angleset and it's the best thing I did to my mixed Spindrift size L. I never felt like I could weight the front wheel properly, but 63.5 HA now feels perfect, in my opinion this is how they should have come from the factory, perhaps even 64 HA would have been sufficient
Have you tried running a 190mm Zeb

Posted: Mar 16, 2023 at 8:16 Quote
Nope, got Fox 38s 180mm and feels great tbh

Posted: Mar 19, 2023 at 9:42 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
Nope, got Fox 38s 180mm and feels great tbh

A 190mm fork (+10 mm) is good for about half a degree extra slackness….. the Zeb axle to crown measurement adds another half of degrees over the fox 38. Just a thought…

Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 2:08 Quote
I was looking for a slightly heavier fox coil, but it seems hard to find these second hand. I would assume that some misjudge a bit initially, or would like to test out a different one.
Where would you guys start looking?

Also, the website indicates a 65mm travel coil, but mine came with a 74mm. Are the dimension flexible?

thx!

Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 4:57 Quote
KoenR wrote:
I was looking for a slightly heavier fox coil, but it seems hard to find these second hand. I would assume that some misjudge a bit initially, or would like to test out a different one.

Also, the website indicates a 65mm travel coil, but mine came with a 74mm. Are the dimension flexible?

thx!

The Propian website itself indicates a shock travel length of 65mm.

Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 5:54 Quote
KoenR wrote:

thx!

The 65mm are not linked with the travel of the coil spring itself, it's the length of the travel of the shock (what it can compress).

For your new spring, i would look at bike-components.de, alltricks.com, probikeshop.com, with a little higher "lbs" than yours. I don't think you'll find a lot of second-hand spring, because a spring have a life-time...
Here on bike-components.de, they have a spring for "57.5 to 65mm shocks" (with a max 71mm of travel for the spring) : https://www.bike-components.de/fr/Fox-Racing-Shox/Ressort-en-Acier-pour-course-de-57-5-65-mm-p22651/

Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 6:29 Quote
[Quote The 65mm are not linked with the travel of the coil spring itself, it's the length of the travel of the shock (what it can compress).

For your new spring, i would look at bike-components.de, alltricks.com, probikeshop.com, with a little higher "lbs" than yours. I don't think you'll find a lot of second-hand spring, because a spring have a life-time...
Here on bike-components.de, they have a spring for "57.5 to 65mm shocks" (with a max 71mm of travel for the spring) : https://www.bike-components.de/fr/Fox-Racing-Shox/Ressort-en-Acier-pour-course-de-57-5-65-mm-p22651/[/Quote]

Thanks.

still it seems strange that on my coil this is printed "2.9in/74mm". According to the list on bike components this fits "Installation dimension: 222 x 69mm - 225 x 70mm - 250 x 70mm"

Not the 230x65 which is on the propain website. That's a different coil.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2023 at 10:13 Quote
Hi there!

I've ordered a Spindrift and am looking at my dropper post options. I just ordered it with a standard seat post.

Could someone please measure their 29 inch size large frame from the BB to the seat clamp.

I had a look at this thread and did not find anything. I also looked on Propains website but cannot find this dimension.

Cheers!

Posted: Mar 23, 2023 at 5:12 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:

Hi mate thinking of trying this myself, did you use a bearing press to install? Also was it easy to remove the standard acros?

Jonny

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011637
Mobile Version of Website