Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Dec 15, 2020 at 4:21 Quote
distance from BB to saddle top is 72cm....already measured for another user :-)

Edit: if there's one point of Pinkbike's test i completely agree with is the saddle....that's a mega crap, if you care about your family jewels just order a better one, don't even bother trying it.

Posted: Dec 15, 2020 at 4:36 Quote
fontafox wrote:

Edit: if there's one point of Pinkbike's test i completely agree with is the saddle....that's a mega crap, if you care about your family jewels just order a better one, don't even bother trying it.

Thanks for this advice, did you notice a problem with the rear disc brake as they mentioned on the field test ?

Posted: Dec 15, 2020 at 5:27 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
Thanks for this advice, did you notice a problem with the rear disc brake as they mentioned on the field test ?

Brake pad to rotor clearance ??? Nah...for me that's not a problem, i didn't check with a micrometer...plus i can assure i have no issues with pad/disc noise. Super powerful brakes, i still have to get used to them....sometimes i fing myself skidding. I have to be more gentle.

Posted: Dec 15, 2020 at 5:33 Quote
fontafox wrote:
Sweet06 wrote:

Brake pad to rotor clearance ??? Nah...for me that's not a problem, i didn't check with a micrometer...plus i can assure i have no issues with pad/disc noise. Super powerful brakes, i still have to get used to them....sometimes i fing myself skidding. I have to be more gentle.

The problem raised by Pinkbike is the distance between the disc and the frame which is very close but if you did not notice any issue that will be ok for anybody.

I am finalizing my ordering, but delivery have been increased a lot, end of february now (no worries i still have my actual bike). except for yellow, but dont like it, and hesitating between grey or dark one

1)
photo

2)
photo

Posted: Dec 15, 2020 at 6:37 Quote
fontafox wrote:

What size dropper you using.?

Posted: Dec 15, 2020 at 7:36 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
fontafox wrote:

What size dropper you using.?

He has the bikeyoke 185

Posted: Dec 15, 2020 at 22:44 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
The problem raised by Pinkbike is the distance between the disc and the frame which is very close but if you did not notice any issue that will be ok for anybody.

Out of curiosity I'll check...but I have seen minimal distances on many models and i don't think it's a problem, or at least I have never seen any.

Posted: Dec 19, 2020 at 8:29 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-nomad-vs-altitude-vs-slash-vs-spindrift-vs-shore-field-test-roundtable.html

Field Test over. And Spindrift is one of the most versatile bike that can do everything. Very efficient climber.

For those who have one; could you please confirm to me that i can handle a one day enduro ride with pleasure during winter ? i am still hesitating; this bike seems to be amazing but I fear that it feel to big on my trail ride, but i also go for summer bike park so i need a big bike ; i am lost

Posted: Dec 20, 2020 at 23:30 Quote
If you wanna do trail riding and you also wanna hit the park in summer it's totally ok. Up to you AL or CF.
You can definitely make a 2000d+ climb....do you care about uphill timing? :-)

Posted: Dec 21, 2020 at 0:00 Quote
fontafox wrote:
If you wanna do trail riding and you also wanna hit the park in summer it's totally ok. Up to you AL or CF.

I don t care about timing Smile but don t want to have a DH bike to go uphill Smile

Posted: Dec 21, 2020 at 1:26 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
fontafox wrote:

I don t care about timing Smile but don t want to have a DH bike to go uphill Smile

I think you'll be just fine, i have the older SD and i have it mainly as a park bike, but during winter i do some local trail riding. The older has far worse antisag values and atleast on paper should be far less efficient climber than the new one. Even so i think it climbs just ok, haven't even bothered to swap the air shock back for winter and i'm now riding it with coil shock, which makes it weight little over 16kg even with carbon rims.

What i mean is that if the older SD with poor climbing characteristics is still an okay climber, the new one should be more efficient and should therefore be better suited for typical trail rides.

Obviously with all that travel sd has, your local features on trails will feel more numb if you compare it to riding with less travel. But then again the new one is described as poppy and agile, and might feel less numb than the older gen SD.

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 7:32 Quote
Guys does anybody know the difference between the ZEB Ultimate and select plus..? I know they use same 2.1 charger system but ultimate has high and low speed compression, select plus just has low.

I've ordered my bike with the select plus, but yesterday changed my mind and now want to upgrade to ultimate.
Propain have said I can do this but it will mean a new invoice so a new build date will apply. My build date is April so bike will prob arrive beginning of May. That's long enough in my eyes

Is it worth upgrading and waiting longer..?
Would I even notice the difference not having high speed adjust..?

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 8:50 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
Guys does anybody know the difference between the ZEB Ultimate and select plus..? I know they use same 2.1 charger system but ultimate has high and low speed compression, select plus just has low.

I've ordered my bike with the select plus, but yesterday changed my mind and now want to upgrade to ultimate.
Propain have said I can do this but it will mean a new invoice so a new build date will apply. My build date is April so bike will prob arrive beginning of May. That's long enough in my eyes

Likely depends where you ride. If your trails vary quite a bit, or your style of riding goes from big jumps on smooth trails, to high speed, rough trails, having adjustable high speed compression would be handy to have.

Even so, you could always upgrade just the damper at a later time if/when you decide you need it.

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 10:16 Quote
Josiffk wrote:

Id say u dont “need” it..had 5 happy years riding a pike rc riding all sorts of trails from trailcenters to morzine/champery. Low speed n volume reducers did the job. Ride it a year n see how u get on, when it comes to service u can always upgrade the damper or put a luftkappe/secus on which would make a huge difference for less money

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 12:59 Quote
Josiffk wrote:

It just comes down to whether or not you want the HSC. I would have been fine with the select+ but I wanted the 190mm travel so I had to get the ultimate. I'd say wait and if you're unhappy you can upgrade down the line, maybe even get a push damper or something if the release one for the Zeb. I'm actually thinking of getting a Secus down the line if they're as good on a Zeb as they seem to be on 36's/ Lyrik's.

It's a pity that you have to delay your order to make any changes, I was going to ask them to change the saddle but it's not worth waiting another month for that. It's a pity though as the 40 quid extra for the Selle Italia is actually a nice upgrade in hindsight.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012310
Mobile Version of Website