Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
Thanks lads yeh I think I will just wait until I ride the bike then make a choice, as you say I can just upgrade if needed.
I won't be going too mad on the bike anyways im getting a bit old for that, so I prob won't notice the difference.

Its a nightmare they make you wait longer if you change your order. They prob have hundreds of boxes of forks and seats you would think they would slap one on on the day and send you the bill.
Saying that slaping something together is not very German is it.

Posted: Dec 25, 2020 at 0:41 Quote
Yo guys Im just about to order my new spindrift, and noticed in a few reviews they talk about cable slap in the frame. Is this something people have come across. I’ve noticed in the pictures that some have cable clamps and some don’t?

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
BigJibba wrote:
Yo guys Im just about to order my new spindrift, and noticed in a few reviews they talk about cable slap in the frame. Is this something people have come across. I’ve noticed in the pictures that some have cable clamps and some don’t?

Hey, I just order this morning my new spindrift carbon Smile just have 3 month of waiting .

Considering the cable slap, they fixed the probleme by now adding some clamp at the cable exit on the frame, therefore no more issue Smile

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 2:34 Quote
Congrats! Mine arrives end of march, already buying stuff for it! If you are on facebook, i suggest you join the Propain buyers group. A lot of talk in the group about massive import charges to UK buyers. A lot of confusion too whether this applies to people who ordered before Jan 1st.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 17:00 Quote
Mine arrived near the start of December, so far very happy with it. I haven't noticed any noises or rattling so far from either the chain or the cables. There's no grommets for the dropper post cable entry like there is for the shifter and rear brakes. I'll probably try to find something to block that gap as I've already picked mud out of it.
Bike felt very familliar straight out the box, a lot more effort to lift the front wheel but you get used to it in 5 minutes anyway. Pedalling platform is excellent, I've always been a climb switch user soon as the trail turns uphill on previous bikes and I don't need to touch it on this, very welcome when your trying to get the power down on a trail not having that feeling of power being converted into suspension bob.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 15:48 Quote
Has anyone got a spindrift on order and received to import tax change email? Does anyone know how to find out what the post Brexit charges will be for UK/can we know for sure at the moment? I haven't managed to find any definitive info

Thank

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 23:58 Quote
Dunkz wrote:
Mine arrived near the start of December, so far very happy with it. I haven't noticed any noises or rattling so far from either the chain or the cables. There's no grommets for the dropper post cable entry like there is for the shifter and rear brakes. I'll probably try to find something to block that gap as I've already picked mud out of it.
Bike felt very familliar straight out the box, a lot more effort to lift the front wheel but you get used to it in 5 minutes anyway. Pedalling platform is excellent, I've always been a climb switch user soon as the trail turns uphill on previous bikes and I don't need to touch it on this, very welcome when your trying to get the power down on a trail not having that feeling of power being converted into suspension bob.

So rad with the dog ahha Smile

Nice feedback, can t wait anymore to receive mine un MAY Eek

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
https://enduro-mtb.com/en/propain-spindrift-cf-mix-custom-2021-review/?fbclid=IwAR2ewZtw_DfG6dy-PVs0yDyYUcjQGHBWr2_yloZUgHdfTQNdXaAz8VJsxlg

Very good review in Mullet version.

Very happy to choose a full 29 version.

For those who have the full 29, do you agree with the fact that in rough section the rear suspension is a little bit at the limit ?

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
joe-mcque wrote:
Has anyone got a spindrift on order and received to import tax change email? Does anyone know how to find out what the post Brexit charges will be for UK/can we know for sure at the moment? I haven't managed to find any definitive info

Thank

i was reading earlier that bicycles are subject to third country duty of 6% from the eu. according to commodity 8711601000

this should lead to a 6%increase in price pre vat.

e.g
bike £3000
duty £180
total £3180
vat £636
total £3816
plus shipping

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 8:16 Quote
thastie90 wrote:
joe-mcque wrote:

Thank

i was reading earlier that bicycles are subject to third country duty of 6% from the eu. according to commodity 8711601000

this should lead to a 6%increase in price pre vat.

e.g
bike £3000
duty £180
total £3180
vat £636
total £3816
plus shipping

There should not be any import charges if the order was placed before 1st of Jan 2021, and made clear on the invoice/packaging, there should only be VAT to pay. (Reported by the Guardian and a few other sources).

Propain have contacted me to refund me the vat they charged me at order so I can pay on delivery..

much preferred the old way! ????????????????????????

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
Whats peoples views on delivery times after the announcement last week..?

It seems as the carbon builds have shorter lead times even no they where purchased after the AL versions. If parts are in short supply that shouldn't be the case.

Surely bikes purchased last year will take priority, are we even going to see our bikes this year..?

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 2:39 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
For those who have the full 29, do you agree with the fact that in rough section the rear suspension is a little bit at the limit ?

I wouldn't say it's at the limit....

My personal opinion is that on rough sections i get more response (compared with my super plush Canyon Torque with Fox X2) and i feel it more poppy. I need to get used to it. BUT....I really think that the reserves are there, and I can feel it when i let go of the brakes and bomb with more speed, then the bike eats up everything with ease.

Never tried mega drops... :-P

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 2:44 Quote
fontafox wrote:
Sweet06 wrote:

My personal opinion is that on rough sections i get more response (compared with my super plush Canyon Torque with Fox X2) and i feel it more poppy. I need to get used to it. BUT....I really think that the reserves are there, and I can feel it when i let go of the brakes and bomb with more speed, then the bike eats up everything with ease.

OK nice, I think for normal people like us this bike is amazing in any case Smile .

I have a question regarding the Propain delivery process.

I paid 10 days ago but since I have no more information (estimated delivery time on the website is end of April).

Can you give me the process you had for your delivery ? mails info etc

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 7:12 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:

I paid 10 days ago but since I have no more information (estimated delivery time on the website is end of April).

After a few days I recieved an email with an estimated build date. No word from them since but I hope that the date hasn't been pushed back since then.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 7:24 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
fontafox wrote:
Sweet06 wrote:

OK nice, I think for normal people like us this bike is amazing in any case Smile .

Did you read the statement propain put out on their website..?
There's up to a 14 month wait on parts, plus issues with shipping so that sounds like a warning to me.
I ordered mine the 4th of December email came a few days later with build date of 14th of april, 5 days for build then up to 2 weeks shipping, so that takes it in to may...all going as planned. I'm not expecting a bike in May, more like October by the sound of it. Carbon frame times might be different, but if parts are the issue they will be the same.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011147
Mobile Version of Website