2021 Instinct

Previous Page |
Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 12:23 Quote
Is there any news on the expected release of the 2021 Instinct? With the new Stumpjumper expected next week, it's really the last bike I'm waiting on before deciding where to put my money this winter/next spring.

Posted: Oct 30, 2020 at 16:56 Quote
I am told the updates are an increase in travel to 150/150 and the same updates made to the Altitude - slightly slacker HTA, steeper STA, adjustable chainstays, and a burlier build.

Cheers,
Rob

Posted: Oct 31, 2020 at 9:33 Quote
I too am eagerly awaiting the 2021 RMB Instinct release. Found this on the MTBR forum so I can't verify the accuracy.

"No pics yet, just digital renderings......

140r, 150 f
Size MED geos Slack/Neut/Steep
Reach = 456 / 462 / 468
TTH = 609 / 608 / 607
HTA = 65.1 / 65.7 / 66.2
STA= 76.1 / 76.7 / 77.2 "

Posted: Nov 8, 2020 at 16:57 Quote
Any word when they will release the 2021 models?

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 17:05 Quote
I just spoke to my LBS about the 2021, they're ALREADY sold out of every size except for smalls based on pre-orders alone. Full price of the bike paid upfront. They won't release specs, photos, anything, but they're already gone. What the hell?? Are people just blindly buying bikes hoping that they don't end up spending a bunch of money on a bike that gets full SX?

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 17:35 Quote
EErrrr. You do know there is this like pandemic going on? When Asia shut down that shut down all production and everything fell behind. Then everything shut down elsewhere and people wanted bikes. And bought them in droves. Now all shops are out of bikes and buying as many as they can for the future. Thus the shortages. Fun huh? Now try working at a bike shop with nothing to sell. Even more fun.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 18:05 Quote
Yes, of COURSE I know there is a shortage of bikes, I'm not an idiot. I'm just shocked that people are buying a bike with no available specs, geometry, or delivery date, with 100% payment upfront. I'm not frustrated with the shops at all, I'm just surprised by the craziness of my neighbours.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 18:07 Quote
Cool, it is that bike shops are buying as many as they can versus people prebuying. I know there are some instances of that but I would say it would be the bike shop version of buying all the TP and then it's gone. When it doubt buy all the things!!

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 18:18 Quote
I guess I just don't understand the thought process of consumers buying a bike without at least specs. Like, what if the A30 model is a hardtail with a Boxxer up front? Obviously an exaggeration, but the shop won't say a word on specs. Not knowing delivery date I get, it'll come eventually, but buying a bike without knowing component specs is a ridiculous risk in my opinion.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 18:47 Quote
Ah, I get what you're saying now. The shops near you are dong this. I am not seeing that around here but I can guarantee that will bite them in the ass!!

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 13:03 Quote
NWerre wrote:
I guess I just don't understand the thought process of consumers buying a bike without at least specs. Like, what if the A30 model is a hardtail with a Boxxer up front? Obviously an exaggeration, but the shop won't say a word on specs. Not knowing delivery date I get, it'll come eventually, but buying a bike without knowing component specs is a ridiculous risk in my opinion.

The 2021 Instincts and spec levels are listed in the Rocky 2021 brochure that bike shops have been given. There is obviously still an embargo but if you are serious about buying one, your shop might let you have a peak.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:34 Quote
PetrolHead209 wrote:
NWerre wrote:

The 2021 Instincts and spec levels are listed in the Rocky 2021 brochure that bike shops have been given. There is obviously still an embargo but if you are serious about buying one, your shop might let you have a peak.

I'm sure that the retailer's have the specs, but they're being very insistent about keeping them a secret. I asked about the spec a while ago when they still had XLs available for pre-order, they told me I'd have to buy it on faith alone. I was serious about pre-ordering one, but I couldn't buy it completely blind.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
Any chance your LBS got it wrong? Going to be alot of pissed of folks. I get the whole pandemic shortage but every other bike company has their 2021 lineups out the door. Including RMB minus the Instinct model. Not sure what how or why the Instinct is the only model with a delay and why the secrecy behind it all. Seriously......it's a bike.......not secret behind Donald Trump's hair.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 19:03 Quote
NWerre wrote:
PetrolHead209 wrote:
NWerre wrote:

I'm sure that the retailer's have the specs, but they're being very insistent about keeping them a secret. I asked about the spec a while ago when they still had XLs available for pre-order, they told me I'd have to buy it on faith alone. I was serious about pre-ordering one, but I couldn't buy it completely blind.

That sucks, I guess it depends on the shop then.
The specs aren't hard to guess if you look at the 2021 Altitude and Slayer.
C50 = mix of SLX, XT for drivetrain/brakes, Fox performance suspension. C70 = XT for drivetrain and brakes, Fox performance elite level suspension.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 14:05 Quote
As above, just look at the new Attitude geo numbers, it will be similar in changes from the 2020 to 2021.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006006
Mobile Version of Website