2021 Instinct

| Next Page
Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
When I put the down deposit on mine I was told it was going to be a 2020 carry over model and that the 2021's were not going to be out until later that year. I was ok with it, as I'm not out in the mountains so its not like I needed the extra crazy hta and the 140 fork would have been just fine. Put a dp down over phone in the morning for a 4800$ "2020" in the beige purple. He phoned me back later that afternoon to say that I had been correct that the 2021's were indeed coming out in March and that what he was being sent were all 2021's and that mine was scheduled still to arrive April but there was a catch. $800 more. But after I was told what some of the new spec's were I didn't give a shit. Was also told mine would be a tan/pewter type colour with purple as well. So yeah. bought it sight unseen and without knowing all the details. (shrug)
This will be my first ever full suspension bike coming off hardtails.
I had also looked at the new 2021 Trance X and Stumpjumper both look amazing but bike shops had no confirmation when and if they'd be getting those in my frame size, Was able to get the rocky which, Honestly I kinda had my heart set on already.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
ColinBulloch wrote:
When I put the down deposit on mine I was told it was going to be a 2020 carry over model and that the 2021's were not going to be out until later that year. I was ok with it, as I'm not out in the mountains so its not like I needed the extra crazy hta and the 140 fork would have been just fine. Put a dp down over phone in the morning for a 4800$ "2020" in the beige purple. He phoned me back later that afternoon to say that I had been correct that the 2021's were indeed coming out in March and that what he was being sent were all 2021's and that mine was scheduled still to arrive April but there was a catch. $800 more. But after I was told what some of the new spec's were I didn't give a shit. Was also told mine would be a tan/pewter type colour with purple as well. So yeah. bought it sight unseen and without knowing all the details. (shrug)
I had also looked at the new 2021 Trance X and Stumpjumper both look amazing but bike shops had no confirmation when and if they'd be getting those in my frame size, Was able to get the rocky which, Honestly I kinda had my heart set on already.

Yeah in some ways you have to take what you can get this year!

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
ColinBulloch wrote:
The first part of your story had me worried. I thought maybe I was getting a leftover 2020 haha

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 11:24 Quote
Kris1978 wrote:
I sure hope so. The receipt says 2021. ???? I just did the down payment about 2 weeks ago

I have more of a handshake deal. Looks like you've got the better information.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 14:59 Quote
I totally get wanting to try out a new bike brand. Coming off a trek fuel ex8 and was looking at the new XT alloy model. But as you said i just wanted to try something completely different. Almost pulled the trigger on the A50 last year so I was pissed when they didn't get released with all the other RM bikes in September.

Kris.....as for the frame issues RM did a frame recall for 2018-2020 alloy Instinct frames in certain sizes. Some got a free replacement upgrade to carbon. I'm sure they've rectified those issues for 2021.

Had my heart set on the Instinct but the price of the Trance X leaves a lot of cash leftover for upgrades where I want them. But as you guys pointed out it weighs a couple of extra lbs compared to the Instinct.........what to buy what to buy.

First world problems for sure. Lots of folks out of work so I should just count myself lucky. The new Commencal meta tr looks like a decent comparison bike along with the Ripmo AF SLX.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 18:51 Quote
Had my heart set on the Instinct but the price of the Trance X leaves a lot of cash leftover for upgrades where I want them. But as you guys pointed out it weighs a couple of extra lbs compared to the Instinct.........what to buy what to buy.

The price point on the trance is almost impossible to beat. I think it would be a great bike. I just wanted something a little different and not so common I guess (although I see Rocky Mountains everywhere too) haha

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
My local bike shop told my friend that February 15 was the release date for the instinct. I don’t know if that means worldwide or North America.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005603
Mobile Version of Website