2021 Instinct

Author Message
Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 16:31 Quote
LargeMarge wrote:
If it is in fact essentially the non BC version of the altitude, do we think it will have the 2 different wheel size options? If I can get the instinct in a 27.5 medium, I'm pulling out my card here and now.

Pretty sure they will stick with the same strategy as before, S=27.5 only, XL=29 only, M/L frame stock 29 but 27.5 ready.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 20:27 Quote
Frakk wrote:
LargeMarge wrote:
If it is in fact essentially the non BC version of the altitude, do we think it will have the 2 different wheel size options? If I can get the instinct in a 27.5 medium, I'm pulling out my card here and now.

Pretty sure they will stick with the same strategy as before, S=27.5 only, XL=29 only, M/L frame stock 29 but 27.5 ready.

It's been a 29/27.5+ bike in the past. Couldn't put regular 27.5 tires on it like the altitude.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 22:43 Quote
Looks good. Unfortunately I habe to stick with my 18 Instinct BC for another whille

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 2:38 Quote
What i do know there will be a 30year special edition... with electronic SRAM and Rockshox ulimate fork... color purple/beige

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 5:05 Quote
Sorry I didn't get more in depth pics of anything but with Covid the bike shop only allows one person in with one representative, I had already said I was leaving and wasn't supposed to be lingering. The pics don't show the purple well. And I should have been snapping pics of all the components. Ah well.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 6:38 Quote
Any rumors on builds? LBS said C50 would be 140mm, Fox36, w/ XT drivetrain and XT 4 piston brakes. That’s all I got from him. Apparently some take the whole embargo thing very seriously! Either way bike should be sick and looking forward to laying eyes on it in person.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 6:52 Quote
Is it 140/140??

DHubie wrote:
Any rumors on builds? LBS said C50 would be 140mm, Fox36, w/ XT drivetrain and XT 4 piston brakes. That’s all I got from him. Apparently some take the whole embargo thing very seriously! Either way bike should be sick and looking forward to laying eyes on it in person.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 6:56 Quote
ColinBulloch wrote:
Sorry I didn't get more in depth pics of anything but with Covid the bike shop only allows one person in with one representative, I had already said I was leaving and wasn't supposed to be lingering. The pics don't show the purple well. And I should have been snapping pics of all the components. Ah well.
where abouts are you located? I’m in Calgary and my lbs said the bikes have been shipped but probably won’t be in the shop until March 8

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 6:56 Quote
marcocellere wrote:
Is it 140/140??

DHubie wrote:
Any rumors on builds? LBS said C50 would be 140mm, Fox36, w/ XT drivetrain and XT 4 piston brakes. That’s all I got from him. Apparently some take the whole embargo thing very seriously! Either way bike should be sick and looking forward to laying eyes on it in person.

I believe 150/140

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 7:33 Quote
I'm in Winnipeg.

Yeah its 150 fork 140 rear.

Pretty sure you can extrapolate the builds from the equivalent Altitude builds.

Angry I didn't look at the brakes to confirm if xt or 2 or 4 pots on that A50.

I might have to go back in a day or two and go in to actually look it over in depth.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
Indeed shops have them. Built and stashed away from prying eyes (in most cases). And yes it’s 150/140.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 9:11 Quote
Yeah spoke with my shop who said March 9th was the release date. Told me he has a ton of stock built up with nothing preordered. Didn’t get any info on pricing/specs but I know the lowest model will the be A30, which is different from the Altitudes lowest A50 model.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 9:29 Quote
pumpjumpnflow wrote:
Yeah spoke with my shop who said March 9th was the release date. Told me he has a ton of stock built up with nothing preordered. Didn’t get any info on pricing/specs but I know the lowest model will the be A30, which is different from the Altitudes lowest A50 model.

You guys don't have an a30 in the USA? Deore specs? That's a shame. We have one in Canada..

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
Whoops nevermind yes we do have the A30.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007013
Mobile Version of Website