ChainReaction add on fees to "free"shipping

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
ChainReaction add on fees to "free"shipping
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
Just ordered some bits and pieces from ChainReaction to Canada. Be aware that unlike in the past when ChainReaction used postal services now they are using a crap courier service called Skynet, perhaps building Terminators wasn't making enough money so they switched to being a rip off courier instead. Before they will deliver your parts you will be expected to pay additional charges for a customs broker, warehousing, and airline fees. So free shipping isn't free anymore. Be aware before you order.

Posted: Oct 3, 2020 at 10:11 Quote
As an add on to my little rant. ChainReaction states they have no control over what charges their couriers wish to impose, so they can charge what they want. Obviously the control that ChainReaction has is not to use rip off couriers in the first place

Posted: Oct 3, 2020 at 10:25 Quote
CRC pretty much blows now.

SRAM restricting by geographic location.. on even old stock items was the first strike (for me).
Then Wiggle took over, and their prices arguable got worse on some items ( far less clearance deals)
Then Skynet made shipping a cost prohibitive for most things.

I haven't bought anything from CRC in two years. I used to get a package from them monthly.

Posted: Oct 4, 2020 at 19:38 Quote
X2! My last two orders from crc shipped and landed in canada in less than a week, then sat for almost 2weeks waiting for “Skynet” to deliver them 30k away.... lame. Dont buy from them.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 10:39 Quote
I also order from Wiggles.co.uk and was surprise to receive an email requesting online payment $39.89 for taxes and brokerage. After many suspicious and unhelpful replies. I requested to self-clear my package. I received no reply until I contacted a more official looking SkyNet website possibly located in Romania. I then received forms to self-clear my package from a Canadian branch of SkyNet I went to my local CBSA branch and paid only $6.98 for GST and no duty. I have sent the required stamp documents to the place where my package has been held and will see what happens from there.

As a long time customer of both CRC and Wiggles and never having a problem before I will never use them again. They were most unhelpful since my money was already theirs. SkyNet is a questionable courier and I am sure they offered Wiggles the lowest quote for delivery knowing they would be scamming customers and not delivering to the door unless you prepay them arbitrarily costs. Door delivery would have allowed the option of refusing the parcel. Wiggles is complicit in this scam knowing all the complaints I am sure they received about SkyNet.

Self-clear your packages and you will only pay legitimate cost but better yet avoid Wiggles uk and us sites. They are no longer reputable companies.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 3:43 Quote
I'm in the UK and have stopped using CRC due to concerns about some aspects of their service and fees.

2 instances spring to mind.

The first was a pair of Hope discs that were reduced price. After several days of checking the courier website for delivery status, it was clear that the courier had lost them. I did get a refund but it took nearly a month from my original order. They offered to send out another set, but I pointed out that they no longer had them in stock and that they were now full price (they didn't offer to reduce the price to what I paid originally).

The second was a pair of shorts I ordered. Due to CRC changing the way the sizing was displayed I inadvertently purchased a size too small so had to return them. Even though I explained this and the item was returned unopened/unused, I had to pay a shipping charge to return them. Once again, the original purchase was reduced but I would have had to pay full price for replacements.

It's not poor service per se but I feel that they have become like other large online companies where they are sales rather than service driven.

I now go to smaller companies that provide a far better level of customer service.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
thekragle wrote:
X2! My last two orders from crc shipped and landed in canada in less than a week, then sat for almost 2weeks waiting for “Skynet” to deliver them 30k away.... lame. Dont buy from them.
Likewise, though I used W2C not ChainReaction, so I didn't have any surprises with the fees.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 10:00 Quote
Picked duty paid option ordered on Friday came the next Friday with no extra charges even with shipping was still cheaper and more selection then here in Edmonton

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009566
Mobile Version of Website