Scam from cell 773 741 1933

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Scam from cell 773 741 1933
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2020 at 12:39 Quote
This cell phone has now tried to scam me on 2 bikes I had for sale. They only communicate through text. Tell them to communicate via PB platform, and they just keep texting.

Then they say....

Thanks for your response,am okay with the price and condition,i will like you to remove the post as am sure buying from you,i will issue a certified bank check to you and once you get the check and clears your bank,i will engage the service of a shipper for pickup at your address,get back to me with your info to mail out check,i will need this info such as

Full Name :
Address or P.O Box:
City :
State and Zip Code:

So be aware.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 16:22 Quote
Thanks for confirming this was a scam. I just received an offer and the same message for my listing. Didn't seem legit.

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
Happened to me too. They even send you a fake cashiers check

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 16:10 Quote
tchipka4 wrote:
Happened to me too. They even send you a fake cashiers check

Send them a fake bicycle.....

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 3:20 Quote
just got this scam today from this # 773-741-1933
"Hello, this is Allen buying your Bike, i just did label for the check to be shipped out tomorrow, here is the USPS tracking Number 9102805213683788011111, i will let you know once i drop it off at the post office tomorrow morning, Acknowledge to know that you got the tracking no, thanks

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 9:02 Quote
Happened to me too. Inclined to think that this is actually a big scam network, because Smart Bank, Where the check was issued from, as well as Leconte wealth management, who the check was addressed from, both seem like fake companies and scams.

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 19:45 Quote
Thanks for the thread guys! My buddy Tyler had the same piece of shit try and scam him too. Sent check and the same bullshit excuse that he can’t talk. Text only for now.

I’m really wanting to send them a beat up bike and attach this Spytech GL300 GPS I have to track them down. Go have a nice visit to their location.
Same Wealth Management Address as stated above and same phone number.
Wish we could post photos of the BS check.

Thanks for heads up guys

Posted: Dec 20, 2020 at 16:21 Quote
I hate to say it, but I was recently frauded by "Allen Wilkins". Do not trust this number.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 9:25 Quote
Ayee. Thanks for flagging. Thankfully a google searched pulled this thread up as the first result. They’re attempting to scam me as we speak. Sounded fishy but confirmation is nice.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 14:42 Quote
He is trying to scam me too
What is the safest way to get paid for a bike?

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 8:50 Quote
Happened to me yesterday on a frame I have for sell. Same number, same message. Told him to communicate through PB and I will only take PayPal. Haven't heard from him since.

Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 16:05 Quote
Same here, scammers can't spell well..
"
Thanks for your responce ,what is it present condition and final asking price?Get back to me.

Am okay with the price and condition,i will like you to remove the post as am sure buying from you,i will issue a certified bank check to you and once you get the check and clears your bank,i will engage the service of a shipper for pickup at your address,so text me your name and address to issue the check to you.
"
.... glad I Googled the number.

Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
Please report this text scam

CARRIER LOOKUP RESULTS
NUMBER CARRIER TYPE PORTED DATE
1773 741 1933

ONVOY, LLC (Bought out by Inteliquent)

https://www.inteliquent.com/legal/unwanted-calls

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012123
Mobile Version of Website