Yeti SB 150 rear coil question ?

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti SB 150 rear coil question ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 3, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
I have a 2019 yeti sb 150. Just bought a DHX2 rear coil shock. I weigh 185lbs and was told to buy 450/ 2.9 in/ 74MM SPRING. I noticed that I had to adjust preload to get proper sag. But spring feels real stiff. I was told to get a progressive spring 450/ 550 to set pre- load correctly and won’t bottom out on big hits. Any suggestion on type of spring I need ?

Posted: Oct 4, 2020 at 6:38 Quote
I weigh 154lbs and run a 400lb spring on an ext storia shock. Shock was setup by mojo rising and is spot on. Not sure if this info will help you.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 10:28 Quote
Im about 180 with gear on running a 450sls spring on mine but shorter 2.4in spring . I've cased some things hard last trip to whistler and never had bad bottom outs , I'd maybe look at a heavier spring or like you said progressive. I haven't had issues with mine so 450 seems to work for now.

Only had a handful of rides with coil once I have more time on it I'll make a judgement call on progressive or just go back to a air shock

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 21:14 Quote
If this is your first time on a coil it will take a few rides to dial in the shock and spring combo, combined with matching the fork to shock, went thru 4 different coils to find the right rate for me. Sag should only be a few turns (2) from the spring free and rattling loose. Sag with a coil will be slightly different from air. As for a progressive spring, that should be last resort. You have many options on a dhx2, high and low speed comp/rebound use them.

Dont worry about rate, if you think it too hard then it is.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006534
Mobile Version of Website