Ribble HT 725

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Ribble HT 725
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 3:40 Quote
LeithB wrote:
Yeah, my derailleur was very tired out but I've just got a new one as it got destroyed so I shall see if the problem still occurs.

Out of interest what derailleur are you using, mines just the sram SX that came on the bike but I upgraded the pullies to superstar components, less play on the new pullies and shifts a bit better

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 5:56 Quote
kemo-725 wrote:
LeithB wrote:
Yeah, my derailleur was very tired out but I've just got a new one as it got destroyed so I shall see if the problem still occurs.

Out of interest what derailleur are you using, mines just the sram SX that came on the bike but I upgraded the pullies to superstar components, less play on the new pullies and shifts a bit better

SL with some aftermarket jockey I got off buy and sell here - all working fine now.

What size rear Rotor you got on?

FL
Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 6:02 Quote
I've got a 203mm rotor and a 4pot calliper, it all just about fits in there but I had to cut the end off an allen key to be able to tighten the bolts and align the calliper.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 6:05 Quote
LeithB wrote:
I've got a 203mm rotor and a 4pot calliper, it all just about fits in there but I had to cut the end off an allen key to be able to tighten the bolts and align the calliper.

That's good news! I could do with upping to 180 but read somewhere that it wouldn't fit

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 0:48 Quote
tops5 wrote:
LeithB wrote:

That's good news! I could do with upping to 180 but read somewhere that it wouldn't fit

Ive been thinking of fitting 180, good to know it should go on,

FL
Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 7:35 Quote
Water in the BB shell

Isn't there meant to be drain hole in the bottom of the BB shell.
The BB wasn't running very smooth so took the cups out and water dribbled out leaving the small puddle in the image.
Just something to watch out for.

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 7:56 Quote
LeithB wrote:
Water in the BB shell

Isn't there meant to be drain hole in the bottom of the BB shell.
The BB wasn't running very smooth so took the cups out and water dribbled out leaving the small puddle in the image.
Just something to watch out for.

is there a route for the water to go into the chain stays, I know there are drain holes on the stays, just wondering if you lift the bike onto the back wheel the water could escape that way
if not I may drill a small hole

FL
Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 0:59 Quote
There is a route for water to get out of the chainstays so I suppose that would work, not really sure I'd trust it to all come out though.
If it was out of warranty I'd be pretty into drilling a hole but given my past luck with frames I'd prefer to keep my warranty.

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 1:09 Quote
LeithB wrote:
There is a route for water to get out of the chainstays so I suppose that would work, not really sure I'd trust it to all come out though.
If it was out of warranty I'd be pretty into drilling a hole but given my past luck with frames I'd prefer to keep my warranty.

Thanks for the info, something to keep my eye on, your probably right with the warrantee thing, I might contact Ribble ?

FL
Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 1:15 Quote
Yeah, it would be interesting to hear why they didn't drill a hole there, every other bike I've owned has had one.

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2021 at 2:30 Quote
Hello, have anyone tried both, Ribble HT 725 and DMR Trailstar?

Posted: Feb 16, 2021 at 2:52 Quote
LeithB wrote:
Yeah, it would be interesting to hear why they didn't drill a hole there, every other bike I've owned has had one.

My BB is stiff already (about 4 rides in) TBF it's a cheap BB and I did a couple of rides with no bolts in the lower bottle cage bosses (as none were supplied Frown )

Posted: Feb 16, 2021 at 7:21 Quote
tops5 wrote:
LeithB wrote:

My BB is stiff already (about 4 rides in) TBF it's a cheap BB and I did a couple of rides with no bolts in the lower bottle cage bosses (as none were supplied Frown )

I've just checked mine, still running smooth after 500 miles, I mailed Ribble about drilling hole in the bottom bracket shell but heard nothing back, I always hold the bike up on its back wheel after washing and it does seem to drain water out of the chain stay holes

FL
Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 3:00 Quote
How much do peoples builds weigh? Weighed mine the other day and to my shock it was 16.4 kg. There's nothing on my bike that I choose for lightness but I really didn't expect it to be that much.

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 0:41 Quote
LeithB wrote:
How much do peoples builds weigh? Weighed mine the other day and to my shock it was 16.4 kg. There's nothing on my bike that I choose for lightness but I really didn't expect it to be that much.

Just checked mine, 14 kg for a medium, not sure how accurate that is as i used a suitcase scale ?
only things I've done is carbon bars and tubeless conversion although the 2 together saved about 600 gram

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013965
Mobile Version of Website