Signage: Alt Advanced Lines & Features

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Signage: Alt Advanced Lines & Features
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 8:50 Quote
Hi,

Normal easy and medium trails are getting some “advanced” alternative lines and features such as large drops and jumps. :-) Looking for some suggestions on signs to mark these new lines and features. Ideally the signage would go on Carsonite posts for safety.

Looking at the websites of trail sign companies, and even a general internet search hasn’t yielded much.

Thanks!

(Also posed the question on mtbr.)

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 6:53 Quote
As a rider the best signage is easy to understand and consistent across the park. As a trail builder I want something that quickly gets the message across to riders and puts land managers concerns at bay. The hard park is land managers might want a 5'x5' sign explaining everything but it's not going to be read. I think the signage at Whistler Bike Park is that perfect balance and looks really good. I've had good feedback on the Whistler signage from land managers and it doesn't hurt to send them a copy and say "What do you think of this signage?"
Best of luck

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 10:51 Quote
Sinage is one thing but in my experience its even more important to have the "flow2 of the mainline going down the easy line so a rider is automatical lead the safe way. a good rider can then make the concious choise to go down the harder line.

i know thats not always possible, but a sign is easy to miss esp. if you are focused on the trail.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004646
Mobile Version of Website