Alpine Trail XR

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
Alpine Trail XR
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 10, 2021 at 7:23 Quote
No I personally don’t but lots on YouTube!
I will say the bike was great. I never rode downhill like that and the geometry of the bike gave me a lot of confidence. Its only 350 feet of elevation. Which is not a lot but they make the most of it! I don’t regret buying this bike. It was this one or a rift zone. I don’t have a lot to compare it to, since my other bike is a Surly fat bike. My local trails are some what more cross country like but we also have some steep more gnarly ones that look forward to riding more. It’s a bike that will suit me well no matter the terrain. Hope this short review helps!!

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
Well my bike it out of commission for a while. The fork damper setting doesn’t click when you turn it and at the bike Park I didn’t feel like it absorbed the trail chatter much. Still fun for my riding style! So fork is being sent to Rockshock for service/diagnostics. Works out alright now because my local trails are too muddy to ride. Planning trips to Bentonville, Arkansas in March and June. Then a trip to Trestle bike Park in Colorado in July. Really looking forward to all the riding I’m gonna do this summer locally too!!

Has anyone else got their XR yet?

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:15 Quote
Treat wrote:
Well my bike it out of commission for a while. The fork damper setting doesn’t click when you turn it and at the bike Park I didn’t feel like it absorbed the trail chatter much. Still fun for my riding style! So fork is being sent to Rockshock for service/diagnostics. Works out alright now because my local trails are too muddy to ride. Planning trips to Bentonville, Arkansas in March and June. Then a trip to Trestle bike Park in Colorado in July. Really looking forward to all the riding I’m gonna do this summer locally too!!

Has anyone else got their XR yet?

That's sucks mate!
Mine looks like it's been delayed again due to a massive backlog at the Sydney Wharf and new covid protocols where they have to fumigate the containers.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 16:52 Quote
Bummer on the delay!!!
I have 2 San Quentin 24” that are on the water, but the port is backed up 6 weeks. Kinda of a crazy time for sure.
I hope it’s not much longer for you!

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
Mine is delayed as well. Not entirely sure how long. I'm not really stressing it as I'll be riding Yukon pretty much exclusively through the end of March anyhow. I'm also waiting on a couple of parts upgrades I wanted to add anyhow. Namely a Chromag Lift saddle/Scarab pedals and Hayes A4 brakes.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005300
Mobile Version of Website