PB Forum :: USA - East
EBikes Not Allowed
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 6:47 Quote
HELP US!

PLEASE READ AND SIGN: http://chng.it/Dm2Kp4QQ

http://chng.it/Dm2Kp4QQ

The HATE continues to pour in, I have been told to keep my motorcycle off the trails LOL.

The ignorance and misinformation around ebikes is astounding. The true purpose of this petition is to spread information.

Carter Road is County run, and they are just late to the game, but I’m optimistic that we will be able to enjoy the trails there like everyone else. I encourage people to remember what MTB is all about, and that’s a bunch of cool, down to earth, open minded, laid back, beer drinking, guys and gals who just want to have a good time. I don’t understand the viewpoint of so many not wanted me to ride an ebike because THEY don’t want to ride an ebike. It’s a childish 3rd grade mentality. For those that think it will do harm to the trails, show us the evidence, the studies, the information, and stats. I’m not out there ‘racing’ or ‘tearing it up’ as some have put it, in fast I often get passed by the XC guys, I’m just out there having fun. I get it, there are bad apples, rule breakers, but that can be said about many regardless of what bike they are on.

One suggestion was that ebikers should make their own ebike specific trails, and my comment to that was that the ebike trails would look EXACTLY like any other MTB trail, and that is the point.

I will say what I have learned is that a lot of the issues are with Class 2 & 3 bikes, and people not understanding the difference. I concur that Class 2 & 3 should not be used on bike trails. What is the solution? I’d say that if you are caught on a Class 2 or 3 where they are not permitted, that you are fined, heavily. I don’t think anyone would risk a $500 fine to ride where they are not permitted. This can apply to Class 1 also, but I will fight for the Class 1 bikes to share the same trails I’ve always ridden for 20+ years, starting on an aluminum 26” hardtail to my full suspension 29” transition to my Trek Rail.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 8:21 Quote
johnny7ouis wrote:
I encourage people to remember what MTB is all about, and that’s a bunch of cool, down to earth, open minded, laid back, beer drinking, guys and gals who just want to have a good time.

Ahhh, we had mimosas after our ride Sunday, thank you very much.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 8:11 Quote
Not an easy debate. The community can - roughly - be split into two groups...those that just want to ride and aren't overly focused on strava times and those that love strava and consider every ride a race against themselves and who ever else is riding at that trail. I see no shame in either - it's just a different mentality. I fall into the later tbh - overly competitive type and I personally think that if you're on an ebike your activity needs to be recorded that way. It's misleading if someone records a top ten / kom because they are on an ebike and making time on the longer/uphill sections of a segment but being beat on the downhills/more technical bits. It's simply not a legitimate comparison. Stava is user-regulated or whatever but it can be impossible to tell if someone beat you because they are on an ebike or beat you because they are faster. Again - none of that matters if you're just there to ride and the strava thing isn't in play...but there are guys recording on strava that aren't marking their activity as an ebike ride so they appear faster than they are.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 17:09 Quote
johnny7ouis wrote:

I will say what I have learned is that a lot of the issues are with Class 2 & 3 bikes, and people not understanding the difference. I concur that Class 2 & 3 should not be used on bike trails.

Because your ebike is okay, but mine isn't? Where's your evidence against class 2 & 3 bikes, hypocrite?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008199
Mobile Version of Website