Propane rage feedback

PB Forum :: Downhill
Propane rage feedback
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 9:48 Quote
Hi guys, looking to get some feedback from Propain Rage owners.

I'm stuck between choosing a Commencal Furious or Propain Rage. They are both the style I'm looking for which is the middle ground between Park bike and DH race sled. Both can be had right now for about $3600 USD. I have been able to get feedback from Furious owners and pretty much say its a great all-around DH bike but isn't the smoothest over DH trail chatter. So id like to get some feedback from people that own or have rode a Rage to see what they think since there are not that many reviews out there on it.

any input on the Rage would be appreciated!

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 17:59 Quote
come on...any Propain Rage owners out there?!?! pleaseeeeee

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 0:48 Quote
The rage is better in my op. It is avery smooth magic caroet ride with both air and coil. You also get better spec for the money.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 9:18 Quote
Uchwmdr wrote:
The rage is better in my op. It is avery smooth magic caroet ride with both air and coil. You also get better spec for the money.

do you own one? i am leaning more towards the propain.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 10:55 Quote
alaskarider89 wrote:
Uchwmdr wrote:

i have the enduro propain tyee, which uses similar linkge but more kick and more progression. All the reviews tell that the rage is vwry supple and smooth, and propain are known for that. Why not the commencal supreme though? Juat because commencal will probably be easier to deal with in the states.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 11:45 Quote
Uchwmdr wrote:
alaskarider89 wrote:
Uchwmdr wrote:

i have the enduro propain tyee, which uses similar linkge but more kick and more progression. All the reviews tell that the rage is vwry supple and smooth, and propain are known for that. Why not the commencal supreme though? Juat because commencal will probably be easier to deal with in the states.

reasons i have steered away from Supreme or Norco HSP

-The only mountain we have lift access to is not well kept and is mostly tight technical trails with lots of roots and rocks. Nothing that is like a DH race trail sadly. So a pure bread race sled didn't see like the best fit. i know the Rage has a very large wheelbase and same HTA but i kinda feel like its less of a pure bread race bike??

-Im not a huge jump guy but next summer they are opening a new mountain as a bike park right in town and that one will be geared way more towards jump lines i believe. Though I'm not really into just jumps, since its here in town and maybe 2 min from my house...i suspect i will be there quite often.

-Price of a new Rage is pretty nice right now.

-really just looking for a solid bike that i can take on lots of different lift/ shuttle terrain. i live in Alaska but starting next year i want to start traveling to bike parks all around the USA so i want something that will be fun everywhere (kind of why i am down to a Furious or Rage because they seem to be more of a "do-everything" type of lift access bikes)

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 17:58 Quote
I’ve owned a rage for about half a year now and all I can say is it’s a great bike

I own the carbon fibre version and it rides like a dream and some how weighs less than some of my mates enduro bikes

They’re probably gonna switch to the new design on the “prototype” (pretty sure that’s the final product considering they were using in the World Cup)

To sum it up really, I’m buying another propain after this oneSmile

You cannot go wrong

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 6:15 Quote
Wow this is one of a very few customer opinions I've ever found in the internet about Propain Rage. Im quite happy to get positive feedback. This bike is super niche.

I'm currently waiting for my Rage but in Al version. I should receive it in 3 weekes (already waiting for 3 now). I didint ride it yet but I think its worth to buy it for a couple of reasons:

- its not an ultra race dh bike, so its more poppy, fun to ride than V10, m16 and other race bikes that have very low center of mass
- its reasobably cheap right now since its the end of the year and they are about to introduce new Rage
- system is already tested in World Cup many times so bike is good and suspension system is good

I was thinking if I made mistake and didint wait for new uppcoming model. But honestly I think its better to buy something that works vert good for good money, than pay more for suspension system that is new and it doesnt need to be better.

Wheel base, reach, chainstay is very simmilar to Sender.

Biggest minus of this bike is probably 1:

- it will be super hard to sell since its a totaly niche company (but legendary)

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006052
Mobile Version of Website