Transition pbj sizing?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Transition pbj sizing?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
So i recently bought a 2021 transition pbj size long. I am 5'9 and the bike shop I bought the bike from recommended that I buy a long stating the short is " for kids and smaller adults" so I bought a long and was super stoked with buying my first DJ! After riding it for about a month at skateparks, street and dirt jumps i feel like when riding skatepark and street i would feel more comfortable on a shorter bike. Transition does not have a size recommendation for the pbj and was just wondering what other people recommend size wise before i start looking to buy a smaller frame.
Cheer's

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 8:57 Quote
If you ride street and skatepark, the short will be much better, it's even long for that sort of riding, at 5'10" I am looking for a short, which is 1/4" longer than my current octane one zircus. And I am more a pumptrack and dirt jumps rider.

It really is personal preference though, don't be put off by it, it's your first go at a dj, so learn from it and in the future you can always swap the frame.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 21:16 Quote
At 5'9 you definetly want the short. Most DJs come in at around 1030 wheelbase for a S and 1050 for a L with the shorter wheelbase recommended for Skate/street and longer if you're hitting jumps or over 6ft an L and under an S

A short PBJ is 1062 so is already on the long side

Someone made this handy guide on the main thread to get an idea

photo

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
I appreciate the feedback. How much of a difference will 25mm of reach make? I am considering getting a commencal medium.Will that 25mm make that noticeable of a difference? I feel like I would be able to bunny hop higher and spin easier on a shorter frame and that is what im looking for but is it going to make a big enough difference the justify dropping a couple hundred dollars? Most of the dirt jumps i ride range from 4-8 foot tall with 10-18 foot gaps but i have to drive a couple hours for decent jumps so the majority of my DJ riding is skatepark and street.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 14:36 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
At 5'9 you definetly want the short. Most DJs come in at around 1030 wheelbase for a S and 1050 for a L with the shorter wheelbase recommended for Skate/street and longer if you're hitting jumps or over 6ft an L and under an S

A short PBJ is 1062 so is already on the long side

Someone made this handy guide on the main thread to get an idea

photo

I appreciate the feedback. How much of a difference will 25mm of reach make? I am considering getting a commencal medium.Will that 25mm make that noticeable of a difference? I feel like I would be able to bunny hop higher and spin easier on a shorter frame and that is what im looking for but is it going to make a big enough difference the justify dropping a couple hundred dollars? Most of the dirt jumps i ride range from 4-8 foot tall with 10-18 foot gaps but i have to drive a couple hours for decent jumps so the majority of my DJ riding is skatepark and street.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007726
Mobile Version of Website