Tires, tires, tires, which to choose?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Tires, tires, tires, which to choose?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 18:54 Quote
A little background, I ride a sentinel in northwest arkansas with lots of sharp and loose rock. Lots of hard fast downhill but I also pedal quite a bit. I don’t mind extra weight if it means less flats. I way 200ish and run roughly 28-30 psi rear and have been flatting pretty easily. I’ve just been running maxxis dhr exo+ and assegai in front. Going to order new tires and planning on going with a dd casing in the rear this go around and contemplating Cushcore as well. Any recommendations on new tires? I’ve been running the maxxgrip rubber but would like something more durable. Not set on maxxis either but it’s what came on the bike so just what I’ve been using.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 19:31 Quote
I’d suggest versus gravity casings. I’m 190 and have a ton of sharp rocks I like to ride. They roll pretty damn well and have amazing traction. Price ain’t bad either. Check it out. I refuse to run other tires at this point. I have two bikes currently riding on them.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 19:35 Quote
I've been enjoying Vittoria tires lately. The trail casing seems tougher than an Exo, and the Enduro casing seems very tough. I like the Mazza in trail Front and Agarro in Trail casing for the rear, or Martello Enduro casing rear for bike parks.

I've used all the Maxxis tires and I feel like these have the same grip, but roll much faster.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 19:41 Quote
I have the same bike and weigh 240, been suing a Magic Mary/Hans Dampf combo in Snakeskin without any issues. Ride rocky terrain in south west VA>

Mod
Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 15:27 Quote
There’s an enduro/AM tire thread with tons of info

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 17:44 Quote
I think cushcore will go a longgggg way for you.

Double down casing on the Maxxis should help too!

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 13:27 Quote
Travis1010 wrote:
A little background, I ride a sentinel in northwest arkansas with lots of sharp and loose rock. Lots of hard fast downhill but I also pedal quite a bit. I don’t mind extra weight if it means less flats. I way 200ish and run roughly 28-30 psi rear and have been flatting pretty easily. I’ve just been running maxxis dhr exo+ and assegai in front. Going to order new tires and planning on going with a dd casing in the rear this go around and contemplating Cushcore as well. Any recommendations on new tires? I’ve been running the maxxgrip rubber but would like something more durable. Not set on maxxis either but it’s what came on the bike so just what I’ve been using.

Double vittoria mazza in 2.4 and enduro casing. Easy choice for where you live and what you ride.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 13:28 Quote
mtb-sf wrote:
I've been enjoying Vittoria tires lately. The trail casing seems tougher than an Exo, and the Enduro casing seems very tough. I like the Mazza in trail Front and Agarro in Trail casing for the rear, or Martello Enduro casing rear for bike parks.

I've used all the Maxxis tires and I feel like these have the same grip, but roll much faster.

Same. Was martello/mazza in trail. now double mazzas in enduro. IDK why i keep preaching this as it seems to fall on deaf ears mostly.
Anyway, Okaymtb20 is a discount code for their site.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008608
Mobile Version of Website