Tubeless problems

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Tubeless problems
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 4:58 Quote
Today while out riding i landed pretty hard off a jump and thought i bottomed out my rear shock. But after riding off the rear tyre felt a lil spongy but continued to get softer. I'd burped my tyre but it didn't seal back up and lost all my pressure resulting in the old hike back up to the trail head in the now rain storm passing over. I eventually put a tube in to get me back to the bottom carpark on the other side of the mountain. So my question is and its probably been asked a million times before, is there anything special i need to do to the tyre/rim before putting in more sealant and going back to the tubeless lifestyle. All help greatly appreciated

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 6:20 Quote
So the takeaway from this is if your tyre feels spongy, stop, pump up and carry on even if you have lost all the sealant it doesn't matter, it's only there to fix punctures.

I'd just pump the tyre up to its maximum and check for any damage, if it looks OK put the sealant in and carry on riding.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 6:43 Quote
I pumped it up but still lost air. I had bubbles coming from the bead in 1 spot so I dropped a tube to finish ride back to car

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 6:54 Quote
Sounds like the bead wasn't seated, difficult on the trail sometimes to reseat. Have you tried yet to pump it up to max to reseat it.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
Yes I tried pumping it up under shelter from the rain and that's when we noticed the bubbles next to the bead. So I put a tube in to get me back to the car but now at home I wish to rid the tube. Do I need to clean out the tyre and put fresh sealant in as im going riding again in 8hrs and no lbs are open on Sundays in my rural town

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 9:25 Quote
leedaddy wrote:
Yes I tried pumping it up under shelter from the rain and that's when we noticed the bubbles next to the bead. So I put a tube in to get me back to the car but now at home I wish to rid the tube. Do I need to clean out the tyre and put fresh sealant in as im going riding again in 8hrs and no lbs are open on Sundays in my rural town

Add sealant, no cleaning required.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 9:30 Quote
I'm taking it you haven't any more sealant, or is it you think it might be new tyre time?

If you have a lot of solids in the tyre clear them out, put the tyre on and pump it up to over 40psi to reseat it, check for damage, if all is OK and no damage either put the tube in or if I have read you wrong put the sealant in.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 10:38 Quote
Any damage to the rim bead? Slightly bent or distorted from the heavy landing?

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 16:49 Quote
As im new to the tubeless lifestyle, i didn't have sealant with me on the ride just a couple co2 cartridges and a tube for emergencies like this. I have sealant at home but its a different brand to what the lbs put in. There was no visible damage to the rim just a small area was bubbling obviously where the tyre burped but didnt seal back up as it lost pressure. Here is the video from the run, towards the end you can sort of see me looking down at the rear tyre as I could feel something was wrong. https://youtu.be/SSIkPVY8Q24

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:32 Quote
so i pulled the tube put in some more sealant got it up to 40psi tyre had seated get out to the trail head and could hear air coming out in the vicinity of yesterdays bubbles. i laid the bike on its side to get some sealant over the leak and it seems to have held up for a dh run will check psi before leaving for work and again when i get home before settling down to watch maribor round 2. thank you everyone for your help and comments

Previous Page | Next Page

Active Forum Threads
5 mins ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
6 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
9 mins ago - YT Capra Owners
10 mins ago - Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
14 mins ago - Bird Aeris owners thread
17 mins ago - Felt MTB?????
17 mins ago - New Freeride bike
17 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
24 mins ago - 15x110 QR or Kabolt ?
26 mins ago - 25% discount of on ssd chemical solution +27815693240
27 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
27 mins ago - Sram GX vs Shimano SLX
27 mins ago - attack revenge spell to revenge on your enemies back call +27673406922
28 mins ago - YKYATBW © you're part of this thread still
28 mins ago - Austria best love spell caster to bring your lost love spell back +27634599132
30 mins ago - Best powerful money spell call +27673406922 get you richness.To all Countries If you need to get rich
30 mins ago - Church of illuminate to make you rich,power & fame call +27815693240 The Illuminati society
31 mins ago - England,Dubai,Uganda-illuminate to Make you Rich, Powerful & Fame+27815693240 in London,Switzerland,France
31 mins ago - Fox 36 Rhythm vs Rockshox Yari?
31 mins ago - ISO Left and right dropouts/hangar for 2008 Stumpy 29r
31 mins ago - Hawaii-U.S Powerful love spell Custer to bring your lost love back +27673406922
32 mins ago - Join lord lucifer illuminate society to make you rich +27815693240
34 mins ago - Magic ring and magic welts to give you power $ money +27673406922
34 mins ago - No.1))-Love Spell caster to bring back your lost lovers ((+27678263428 )) Germany-U.S.A
35 mins ago - Original super s.s.d chemical solution call +27678263428 for money$$$ cleaning %%%%

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005678
Mobile Version of Website