Canfield Balance 2020 or Rocky Mountain Slayer 2020

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Canfield Balance 2020 or Rocky Mountain Slayer 2020
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 7:38 Quote
What’s the better bike for bike parks like Snowshoe WV and Windrock in Tn about 10 times a year and then aggressive trail riding requiring peddling.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
CFB is one of the best suspension platforms out. Very efficient but doesn't hang up in chunk.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 8:18 Quote
Thanks Cererus75! Just can’t make up my mind and was looking for opinions. I won’t be able to try either before purchase.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 19:22 Quote
Bowpilot wrote:
Thanks Cererus75! Just can’t make up my mind and was looking for opinions. I won’t be able to try either before purchase.

No problem. I'm on a Canfield Riot. I've test ridden a bunch of bikes because its getting a bit old and beaten. Still riding it because nothing feels as good. Hopefully Canfield will put out it's replacement soon. I'd ride a Balance if 27.5 was my thing.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:35 Quote
The thing about the balance I don't like is the short chain stays, I climb some steep climbs and want long chain stays. The One v2 is appealing to me but maybe too dh. Tough to try bikes right now.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 21:21 Quote
joelsman wrote:
The thing about the balance I don't like is the short chain stays, I climb some steep climbs and want long chain stays. The One v2 is appealing to me but maybe too dh. Tough to try bikes right now.

I love the short chainstays, but I'm short. Step STA makes it not a problem for me.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Another vote for Canfield Balance. Here's why:

Rocky Mountain suspension feels so "alive," but they do still have just a touch of pedal bob. A lockout isn't critical, but does have its uses.

Other suspension designs tuned to not need a lockout (i.e. 2020 Norco Sight/Optic) feel docile in comparison. The pedaling efficiency is there but the "liveliness" is not.

CBF does both in spades. It really is the best suspension design IMO. No compromises. I have never experienced any other design that is both super alive-feeling and has no need for a lockout. I literally have not once used my lockout.

Caveat: with a CBF bike, you will feel bob if you stand and hammer without good technique. The chain is completely isolated from the suspension action so there's no anti-squat to prevent bobbing when pedaling squares. But it feels like a hardtail when pedaling circles, which can be done when standing with a little adjustment of technique.

In the event that I can't get a CBF bike, however, Rocky Mountain is without question my next choice.

eicca wrote:
Another vote for Canfield Balance. Here's why:

Rocky Mountain suspension feels so "alive," but they do still have just a touch of pedal bob. A lockout isn't critical, but does have its uses.

Other suspension designs tuned to not need a lockout (i.e. 2020 Norco Sight/Optic) feel docile in comparison. The pedaling efficiency is there but the "liveliness" is not.

CBF does both in spades. It really is the best suspension design IMO—no compromises. I have never experienced any other design that is both super alive-feeling and has no need for a lockout. I literally have not once used my lockout.

In the event that I can't get a CBF bike, however, Rocky Mountain is without question my next choice.

Exactly, efficient but without hang up or peddle kick. I like Rocky they just tire me out more.

Thanks for all the responses!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004906
Mobile Version of Website