Stumpjumper dropper post

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Stumpjumper dropper post
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Can't get the cable to the seat post through the frame of my 2019 stumpjumper,any tips?

Done a few internal cable routing jobs but on a Stumpjumper but I always managed to guide cables thorough by attaching some strong string or preferably fishing line to the end of the cable then sucking the string/line out of the port in question with a vacuum cleaner and carefully pull and guide the end of the cable out.

A good tip that also works is to take a break if you have been trying for hours and refresh your brain first! Wink

Clever,I'll give it a go thanks

There is a plastic guide inside the seat tube and bb area that guides the brakes and derailleur cables. If your bike didn’t include a dropper post, there is not a hole in it and you will need to move it and file/cut a hole yourself. Of course you have to be careful not to cut your brake or derailleur cable so you kind of have to spread them and work in between. A Circular file works well. This will require you to remove the crank and the chainstay in order for you to access it. There will be a small grin screw holding the cable guide in place. It will be located near the bb, right in front of where the chainstays meet.

Hopefully you already had a dropper post and you won’t have to deal with any of this. Good luck.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005025
Mobile Version of Website