Traded

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 6:09 Quote
2019 radio griffin traded for a 2011 specialized p.2 with fox forks and chromo handle bars. Plus 150 $. Was it a good trade?

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
Which bike did you trade? Was the $150 on your end?

It depends on what side the money was on, but I think you should've kept the griffin. Usually newer components will always work better than older components even if the older components were better. The fork could need a rebuild, and other things just get worn out. It all just depends on how much it was ridden.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
I traded the griffin for the p.2. Also another thing was the griffin felt to small for me because im 6'3. I wanted to trade for something bigger and this speacialized felt better. The forks are like almost new but the rear wheel is kinda messed up. Lol managed to put sealed bearing in the rear hub because the open ones are shot

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 16:53 Quote
If you like the Specialized better, than it’s a good trade. Personally based on the specs and the condition (based on the messed up wheel) from a components standpoint, I would say no, but if it feels better to ride, then it’s an upgrade. A bike is valued on how well it rides together, so if the specialized rides better than the radio, even with some parts messed up, it was a good trade. I guess if you think about how bikes with cheaper components can be more fun to ride than a bike with nicer parts because of geometry.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 16:43 Quote
Okay thats a good way to look at it. Thank you for the input!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008961
Mobile Version of Website