Norco Sight 170/157mm

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 170/157mm
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 1:04 Quote
[Quote="spudlord"]
DMal wrote:
Just to make sure I wasn’t crazy, I tried putting my Zeb up to 170 again. It became notably harder to get the front end to bite in corners. I ended up running it quite soft to avoid an excessively tall front end, to the point of being unsupported. I think 160 up front is the way to go for this bike.

I am running a 185x55 coil shock in back and loving it, though.

yeah because your front end is now 16mm higher... the zeb has a 6mm longer axle to crown as it is... so going and extra 10mm is quite significant from stock.
and on top od that the zeb rides quite high in the stroke vs fox.
the thing would feel like a wheel barrow.

i feel if you went 170mm on fox it wouldnt feel so drastic.

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 1:06 Quote
any one found out if your can remove the 2.5mm the spacer on the 2021 fox float as i heard there was changes over the 2020 version...

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 1:10 Quote
flickr wrote:
So has anyone done the 157mm with float X2? Do you need to do anything else besides just remove the travel spacer?

id also like to know this.

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 15:59 Quote
[Quote="Chadsugden"]
spudlord wrote:
DMal wrote:
Just to make sure I wasn’t crazy, I tried putting my Zeb up to 170 again. It became notably harder to get the front end to bite in corners. I ended up running it quite soft to avoid an excessively tall front end, to the point of being unsupported. I think 160 up front is the way to go for this bike.

I am running a 185x55 coil shock in back and loving it, though.

yeah because your front end is now 16mm higher... the zeb has a 6mm longer axle to crown as it is... so going and extra 10mm is quite significant from stock.
and on top od that the zeb rides quite high in the stroke vs fox.
the thing would feel like a wheel barrow.

i feel if you went 170mm on fox it wouldnt feel so drastic.

Agreed on all fronts.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
Is there enough of a reason for me to have a 170mm lyrik and a superdeluxe coil set at 157mm to swap in for like.. Whistler trips?

I have a 2020 Norco Sight A1 and for the most part I've just been incredibly blown away by this thing. But I'm also trying to turn this into my "one bike fits all" bike and I've since departed from owning a downhill bike. I would like to do a Whistler trip and I'm more of a freeride goofball who's sending A-line and crabapple in the past, but I'll admit my blindspot is absolutely suspension/geometry and I prefer to not think about it I just care if it works.

I guess my question is with the kind of riding I like to do at bike parks, is the stock suspension going to be enough? Or would it not be a bad idea to grab a second set of suspension I could swap on/off for these trips? My last bike was a 200m front/180mm rear Commencal Supreme FR, and somehow the Sight just feels like it takes more than that bike did so I'm ultimately just really confused. I know geo's and stuff have changed a lot for trail bikes in the past few years, and I guess I'm just now witnessing the marvel of modern all mountain bikes and it's kind of a shell shock. Stuff I'm riding on this bike feels like stuff I could only have ridden on my downhill bike in the past.

And what's the deal with the cascade link for this bike? I know it's a lot to ask for, but if someone wanted to eli5 I'd be super grateful.

Side note: There's a lot of comments on this bike being pretty heavy. Compared to my downhill bike I used to have, this thing feels extremely light. I'm pretty sure it clocks in around the same weight however, but jumping it so far has felt like the things made of feathers compared to my downhill bike. Not sure why that is.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 20:08 Quote
I rode the Sight at bike parks for a season, and it handled it alright, but nowhere near as well as my Scott Gambler. The cascade link for the Sight is the real deal: it totally changes the bike’s personality to a much more progressive and poppy ride. Rather than blow through travel and bottom out, the cc link keeps the right height higher and more supported. I would definitely recommend it. It also bumps the travel up to 155. I found it to play very nicely with a coil shock.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 20:11 Quote
Lando406 wrote:
I rode the Sight at bike parks for a season, and it handled it alright, but nowhere near as well as my Scott Gambler. The cascade link for the Sight is the real deal: it totally changes the bike’s personality to a much more progressive and poppy ride. Rather than blow through travel and bottom out, the cc link keeps the right height higher and more supported. I would definitely recommend it. It also bumps the travel up to 155. I found it to play very nicely with a coil shock.

Much appreciated for the reply!

I got a little antsy and ordered the cascade link a couple hours ago haha, very curious how it's going to handle. I'll follow my friends through techy trails here and there, but my forte is mostly in big ol sends so I'm hoping this cascade link works out well.

Just curious, what do you prefer about your full DH sled for parks over this? Is it mostly on super steep technical terrain where you felt like the Sight wasn't enough? Or was it the big sendy jumps where you felt like it fell short?

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 4:50 Quote
You just can’t replicate the composure a dual crown fork provides in steep and janky trails. The geometry (wheel base, head tube angle, low standover etc.) also allows for a much larger margin of error. The overall stiffness of the frame, fork, and dh specific parts take abuse without flinching, while I can’t say the same for all trail and enduro components that came with the Sight.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006502
Mobile Version of Website