Fork/Shock upgrade

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Fork/Shock upgrade
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 3:10 Quote
Hi folks !

Brace yourselves for stupid questions...

Got a new bike this year (https://99spokes.com/bikes/commencal/2019/meta-am-27-origin). When i bought it for some dumb reason i opted for that spec, even though i had enough for the one that had Fox installed.

This summer i started riding my local trails, after the first run i went back home and slapped a pair of Zee brakes, since what i had just didn't cut it. At some point the feeling i had down the trails was like "the brakes are working but i feel that i won't stop when i want to stop", and it got scary fast....now everything is fine, and i got more confidence riding down.

But...i got this itch.

Should i spend some cash to replace the fork and rear shock with a Fox 36/38 and a dpx 2? Not sure how much of a confidence boost i'll get from this Blank Stare

Or just ride what i have stock until it breaks or i get a new bike?

Thanks in advance

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
plasticjesus wrote:
Hi folks !

Brace yourselves for stupid questions...

Got a new bike this year (https://99spokes.com/bikes/commencal/2019/meta-am-27-origin). When i bought it for some dumb reason i opted for that spec, even though i had enough for the one that had Fox installed.

This summer i started riding my local trails, after the first run i went back home and slapped a pair of Zee brakes, since what i had just didn't cut it. At some point the feeling i had down the trails was like "the brakes are working but i feel that i won't stop when i want to stop", and it got scary fast....now everything is fine, and i got more confidence riding down.

But...i got this itch.

Should i spend some cash to replace the fork and rear shock with a Fox 36/38 and a dpx 2? Not sure how much of a confidence boost i'll get from this Blank Stare

Or just ride what i have stock until it breaks or i get a new bike?

Thanks in advance
Hey mate keep an eye on your sag settings..... air shocks can loose a little air over time..... to identify this as why your suspension has been lacking, how the suspension feels unsupportive to manage in technical conditions how the bike preforms below its best, possibly a leaning tendency to wondering off line and feeling a lack of support and stability. Reset your sag levels and if need try a click of rebound or compression dampening, simply go enjoy learning about your bike! Then shred it!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008139
Mobile Version of Website