Bmx or Dirt Jumper

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Bmx or Dirt Jumper
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 14:29 Quote
I've been mountain biking for the past few years. I ride mostly trails and downhill. Over the past year my local trails have been adding dirt jumps. I've been riding them on my mountain bike, but I'm looking to get something better. I'm having trouble deciding if I want a bmx bike or a dirt jumper. I rode by race bmx on the jumps and it was really fun, but I'm not sure if I'll like a dirt jumper better as the jumps get bigger. I kinda want to try riding skateparks too so idk. Any thoughts?

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 10:03 Quote
BMX is easier to ride on tight rollers and closely spaced jumps, but obviously its less forgiving in impact and f*ckups. DJs work over rougher terrain a bit better, but require more work to pump and boost.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 10:49 Quote
I have had a BMX and a Dirt Jumper (Still have the Dirt), and I like the Dirt Jumper better. Especially coming from a mountain biking background, a Dirt Jumper will kind of feel better. It will also give you more confidence to go higher on the jumps, as it's more stable. You can also use a Dirt Jumper on a skatepark, doesn't necessarily have to be a BMX to make it work on there. But anyways, it's still personal preference over what others say. Try a Dirt Jumper for a couple days if you're able to do so from a friend or someone you know and trusts you, same with a BMX, that would be the perfect thing to take the final decission. Obviously it's not always possible.

In my opinion I would go for a Dirt Jumper, them are really fun.

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 7:52 Quote
I have both BMX and dirt jumper and would recommend the Dirt jumper so much more as it just is a nicer ride than the bmx and is bigger allowing you to transfer more skills between dirt jumpers and bigger mountain bikes.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.181688
Mobile Version of Website