Reasons to not go to AXS

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 7:40 Quote
G-horseNoBrakes wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
G-horseNoBrakes wrote:
It seems Dan doesn't actually understand the full definition of the word 'fact' or the word 'opinion'

This thread is classic pinkbike. Morons arguing about things they haven't used.

I'm thinking about getting a coil conversion for my Lyrik... Smashpot vs Push kit? I know what I'll do, I'll base my decision on the thoughts of a couple of mongos on pinkbike who have not used either.
I'll do that instead of speaking to people who have used them.

Theres a reason dan and the other baboon dont have axs. Its because retards cant pay for shit.

Having an iq of 152 I would think makes you the retard relative to me so don't even go there bud because I'll humiliate you.

And to answer your question I owned a Smashpot, it was great and my decision to choose it over the PUSH was based on logic, something you seem to lack. Do you need to go to space to know the earth isn't flat? I don't have to try AXS to know what it does for a start and secondly it could shift 10 x smoother than my current setup and still that would not constitute the same performance increase as much better geometry, suspension or a 500g lighter wheelset.
Lets see if your AXS ends up on any downhill bikes or drivetrains, how much you wanna bet that it won't?

Dan, you embarrass yourself firing off IQ numbers when you demonstrate above that you don't grasp the actual meanings of the words fact and opinion. You've consistently argued day in day out on the forum and it shows that you're not very intelligent. It's obvious from your profile that you sit on pinkbike all day. Still live with your parents no doubt.

One cannot argue with idiots so I'll leave you here and wont be responding to you again.

No being brighter than 1 in every 2000 people makes me dumb yea you're right. If you think a few milliseconds faster shifting makes a larger performance difference to an Enduro bike than better wheels and suspension and that it is just an 'opinion' and not a fact then there is no helping you. Next load of bullshit you will say an AXS dropper and some V brakes is better than a normal dropper and hydraulics... You're full of it. Type what you want, I'm no longer going to respond to someone who is clearly an idiot. You don't have to be bright to know what any of what I have saif is true, maybe chat to some people that actually race enduro, dh or a few bike mechanics or engineers and lets see who's side they take? Good bye.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 8:43 Quote
G-horseNoBrakes wrote:
It seems Dan doesn't actually understand the full definition of the word 'fact' or the word 'opinion'

This thread is classic pinkbike. Morons arguing about things they haven't used.

I'm thinking about getting a coil conversion for my Lyrik... Smashpot vs Push kit? I know what I'll do, I'll base my decision on the thoughts of a couple of mongos on pinkbike who have not used either.
I'll do that instead of speaking to people who have used them.

Theres a reason dan and the other baboon dont have axs. Its because retards cant pay for shit.
I guess retards are those who can't justify why it's better other than getting all defensive about their opinions and their ability to spend their cash on things that do absolute nothing better compared to other options exept lighten your wallet. And to and to answer your dilemma, get a better fork to start with, simple.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 11:02 Quote
DHhack wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
Think you are over reacting a bit mate. All I'm saying is if you have the money to throw at AXS why would you not already have spent money to upgrade the other components first. Lets be honest not a lot of people can afford or wish to pay for AXS and those that do usually have a £7000 bike already. Yea it would makes sense if you had an carbon xc hardtail, as the difference between an expensive one and cheap one is negligable and drivetrain is of more importance in xc, but if we are talking enduro bikes as most own on here there is other areas that should take priority. This may be my opinion, but I think it can be considered fact that frame, suspension and wheels make a bigger difference to performance than AXS does over XX1.

Because I’d rather own the alloy frame versus the carbon one?

Dude prolly buys Kashima thinking it makes him faster too Big Grin Same. I'd take Alloy over carbon too

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 11:18 Quote
It's funny because we all used to ride alloy bikes for years and years before there even were carbon, and everything was fine. It's only companies like Specialized and Santa Cruz that actually put less effort into their alloy frames that make it kind of annoying.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
There is negligible performance difference between carbon and alloy on a full sus bike...as for Kashima and orange blingy bits that is sooo 2016, get with the times XD

But what I will say about alloy vs carbon, the only frame I ever snapped was alloy at the chainstays and the only ever rims I have warped or ended up egg shaped are also alloy. Carbon wheels stay true much longer than alloy too and carbon doesn't tweak or have a fatigue life as such like alloy does. Also lets be honest the carbon frames look prettier and some brands don't offer an alloy option anyway. Only alloy frame I would buy these days would be a Nicolai.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 16:57 Quote
seraph wrote:
It's funny because we all used to ride alloy bikes for years and years before there even were carbon, and everything was fine. It's only companies like Specialized and Santa Cruz that actually put less effort into their alloy frames that make it kind of annoying.

I dunno. I am on a S Alu bike and don't seem to have any issues keeping up with anyone on any carbon bike...(XC). I do think that they machine the pivots to not the best standards, not so sure that is a S thing or just a bike MFG thing (just ask Hambini).

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 18:27 Quote
This is a great thread.

AXS is good. Got it on 2 bikes. I don't make money F-ing with my bike for hours running hoses through my frame. Have a high stress performance based job. AXS is my go to. 20 years ago working in a shop and getting EP theres no way Id spring for it.

Without price most anyone whose ridden axs would go for it. It shifts perfect all the time. My XTR had a smoother feel under power, but AXS is close enough.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 3:52 Quote
Grosey wrote:
This is a great thread.

AXS is good. Got it on 2 bikes. I don't make money F-ing with my bike for hours running hoses through my frame. Have a high stress performance based job. AXS is my go to. 20 years ago working in a shop and getting EP theres no way Id spring for it.

Without price most anyone whose ridden axs would go for it. It shifts perfect all the time. My XTR had a smoother feel under power, but AXS is close enough.

prepare to be flamed by two chaps who have never used it!! Big Grin

Hold Tight!!

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 3:57 Quote
I'm not flaming anyone, lets take note of that last sentence in the previous guys post though, and since cable fitment and yearly maintenance is a non issue for me maybe you can see why we see no point in it for ourselves.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 4:33 Quote
v7fmp wrote:

Hold Tight!!

Does anyone have a leather strap I can bite on to protect my teeth during this flaming?????

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 0:13 Quote
seraph wrote:
You see, same goes for wireless shit on bikes, we've been just fine for many years using cables.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 0:15 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
Grosey wrote:
This is a great thread.

Hold Tight!!

Xtr is smoother, so he pretty much summed it up. And get an external routed frame.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 0:16 Quote
[Quote="v7fmp"] still waiting your answer...

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 0:23 Quote
Well to be fair 'just fine' and having something that could be better are not the same thing, improvements are always welcome. If AXS was straight up outright better I would buy it even at it's ridiculous price but it isn't.
As stated I have no problem with cable routing or maintenance, my derailleur weighs 100g less than an AXS one, I have no need for the range Eagle offers especially with a 32t chainring or 12 gears so can cut another 90g from the cassette, I have no problems with shifting performance and as stated a few post above by a guy that actually owns AXS, XTR shifts smoother, I don't have to worry about batteries and I don't have to worry about mashing up a £700 mech, I can choose to uphift 1 gear, 2 gears or 3 gears without having to choose between obnly two options that a button that can only be pressed once or held offers.
So yea for me it just doesn't make any sense, meanwhile bring out an electronic CVT gearbox at the bottom bracket area and I'll throw money at you, but tge technology for that and efficiency levels are still a long way away.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 6:48 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
700-pirate wrote:
I have a capra frame for sale for 1k. Funny that.

You tried the sb165 or finished building it yet? I had to lower the spring and damping rates compared to what Yeti and Push recommend for it to nit feel harsh here in the UK. I like that Capra Dh bike like plushness but it took me going from a 450lb to a 411lb to get there, I thought it might end up being impossible with a Yeti to get a couch like ride given how high in the travel they stay and firm but actuallt if you drop the spring weight a fair bit so you're nearly coming down from top dead centre on the switch link you can get that dh bike feel, only thing is the pedalling suffers a bit as a result.

Its still boxed. Messing with a Rune V3 ATM and hopefully soon a 170mm Morph. Thanks for the insight.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007899
Mobile Version of Website