Freeride and DH near SLC

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Freeride and DH near SLC
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 10:28 Quote
I may be moving to SLC in a year to become an electrician journeyman. Anybody know the local freeride/dj/DH spots around there?

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 16:01 Quote
There is “roller coaster” just off the BST behind the U of U. Along the same trail network further north/west is “bobsled” which is pretty much freeride downhill with a loop back through dry gulch (see trailforks). Lots of other great trails around this area. I like it because I can ride from my house to this area (usually several times a week). Obliterator is a short but steep trail I do often when time is short an I want a good workout with great downhill. It’s just south of the “U” right by Emigration canyon. Lots of other trails available along the foothills around the valley. Most downhill requires either a shuttle or uphill grinding to get the sweet reward of downhill. No shortage of great riding around here.

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 8:42 Quote
Thanks! So trailforks in that area is pretty well mapped out?

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
DaFreerider44 wrote:
There are several trail map resources, but trail forks has current trail conditions for most and seems to have most if not all of the trails in Utah mapped out.

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 16:48 Quote
Mikesfatbike wrote:
DaFreerider44 wrote:
There are several trail map resources, but trail forks has current trail conditions for most and seems to have most if not all of the trails in Utah mapped out.
Aight. Thanks again

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:43 Quote
One of my favorites in SLC is bobsled. Park at Popperton park, ride up by the block ‘U’, up through dry gulch into south/north fork dry creek on the BST go west until you get to the top of bobsled then prepare for about 1.6
miles of downhill jumps, bumps, and flow. You should have decent tires and brakes. There are YouTube videos of the run. Awesome!

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Bobsled for DH.
I street for DJ.
Ogden bike park for a little bit of everything, and big ass jumps.

Posted: 13 hours ago Quote
zeronine3 wrote:
Bobsled for DH.
I street for DJ.
Ogden bike park for a little bit of everything, and big ass jumps.
Do you know any woodchip jumps or foam pits in the area? I'm trying to learn backflips and backflip combos.

Posted: 13 hours ago Quote
Woodward Park City has a foam pit I think.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005029
Mobile Version of Website