Commencal Absolute, what gives?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Commencal Absolute, what gives?
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 14, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
jamesdorrett wrote:
The acros headsets are absolutely garbage, I don’t know why they spec their bikes so high yet still use this trash. Haven’t had an issue with my cranks yet, but they are also junk
Finally! I've been so frustrated by that creaking sound and was wondering if it was just a shit headset. I tried swapping the crown race which didn't help. I had a 2019 Manitou Circus expert that creaked when new, because of the steer tube settling into the crown, but it's been too long to still be a possible culprit. How do I know if a headset is more compatible?

Posted: Aug 15, 2021 at 16:53 Quote
Ya I get that creak in mine even with my pike dj. My buddy has an fsa headset in his new p3 and it feels 100 times better when you spin the bars. I’ll be looking into something to replace mine

Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 23:07 Quote
jamesdorrett wrote:
Ya I get that creak in mine even with my pike dj. My buddy has an fsa headset in his new p3 and it feels 100 times better when you spin the bars. I’ll be looking into something to replace mine
So, even upgrading to the Pike doesn't fix it? The creaking is really irritating, makes me feel like ghost riding it into a brick wall every time i ride it. Do you know what size headset I should be looking for? I know it's zs44/zs56 but was told by my LBS there's more to it? forgive me this is my first aluminum DJ frame.

Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 12:43 Quote
I do not, it’s going to be my winter project

Posted: Aug 21, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
@Jamesdorrett Fair enough, I'll share what I find when I resolve this issue, thanks.

lilaubert wrote:
Hey guys,
I just build a 2021 commencal absolut. My rear wheel is not center in the frame, the rear wheel dish is perfect. Anyone got same issue? Cheers
I had to true both wheels and the spokes were so loose that when i was done both wheels were off center, The rear was off by about 6mm.I expected the hub would be centered in the dropouts but after measuring with calipers the hub flanges are off center by around 3mm so required an extra turn of the nipples all the way around on one side.It was also the first time using a truing stand, I always used zip ties as guides with the wheels mounted in the frame and fork where any dishing issues can be adjusted by eye.

Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 19:00 Quote
Have a 21 absolute and frame bent at the chainstays on the first crash. Frame is definitely not as strong as it should be. Was on fairly big jumps but not a bad reck. Will not be purchasing another commencal. Don't waste your money, get a steel frame.

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 3:40 Quote
Gspott612 wrote:
Have a 21 absolute and frame bent at the chainstays on the first crash. Frame is definitely not as strong as it should be. Was on fairly big jumps but not a bad reck. Will not be purchasing another commencal. Don't waste your money, get a steel frame.

Did you contact Commencal?
Im sure they will help you.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
Has anyone found a replacement driver for the rear stock wheel? It is currently 11 tooth, I think a 12t or 13t driver would be better. Right now I am running a 24t sprocket in the front. I am hoping to put mtb cranks on it, but the only company that seems to make a 24t sprocket for their cranks is RaceFace. I would have to get a Raceface Cinch sprocket with the cranks.

Anyone find any better options?

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 16:36 Quote
I find I bonk the inside of my ankle on the axle part of the bmx style cranks, and they’re heavy. I swapped mine for the aluminum GX cranks and a sram BB and i’ve been happy with it.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008053
Mobile Version of Website