Might Buy NOS Flux Carbon

PB Forum :: Turner
Might Buy NOS Flux Carbon
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 31, 2020 at 12:41 Quote
After pouring over various geometries of XC/Trail bikes (mostly Santa Cruz/Pivot), I keep coming back to the Flux carbon. I have an aluminum flux and will give that to my son.

Thoughts? Out of warranty, I'm sure, but new, unbuilt frames are available at Cambria.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 19:13 Quote
turner34 wrote:
After pouring over various geometries of XC/Trail bikes (mostly Santa Cruz/Pivot), I keep coming back to the Flux carbon. I have an aluminum flux and will give that to my son.

Thoughts? Out of warranty, I'm sure, but new, unbuilt frames are available at Cambria.

It's old-skool geometry. Dave Turner even stated on mtbr that he had should have adopted the "modern geometry" back in 2012.

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/turner-bikes-is-back-but-different.1175232/page-5#post-15260068

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
turner34 wrote:

It doesn't matter what geometry your bike has if it doesn't fit you and how you ride the trails that you frequent. I own a Carbon Flux, and have owned aluminum versions. The Carbon Flux is great if you are doing a lot of steep climbing and are riding tight trails. You haven't told us how and what you ride. If you are a bikepark/shuttle rider, it probably isn't the bike for you.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
toddmc wrote:
turner34 wrote:

It doesn't matter what geometry your bike has if it doesn't fit you and how you ride the trails that you frequent. I own a Carbon Flux, and have owned aluminum versions. The Carbon Flux is great if you are doing a lot of steep climbing and are riding tight trails. You haven't told us how and what you ride. If you are a bikepark/shuttle rider, it probably isn't the bike for you.

I agree! I still own an XL aluminum Flux and if Turner made the carbon model in XL I would be riding that bike today. But having no warranty only works for me if I get it dirt cheap.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004521
Mobile Version of Website