Shock freshly rebuilt - Weird sounds...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Shock freshly rebuilt - Weird sounds...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 20:26 Quote
Two weeks ago, I got my shock back from the shop after a rebuild and it made an awful sound! A few guys on facebook told me this was not normal and I sent it back to the shop for a warranty...

Got a call from the tech, told me the sound was totally normal. What I hear is the oil going through the valves and chambers... He told me he'll bleed it just to be sure.
Received the shock back this week and it stills make this asthmatic sound. Never heard that before sending it for the rebuild.

Also, I can hear weird noises, like air escaping when I compress the shock (2nd video SOUND ON!). Is all of this normal?

Can anyone confirm that the tech told me. I have a feeling it isn't...

Thanks!

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 15:30 Quote
Could be some air in the damper oil.

That shock is funny enough a louder sounding shock than many. Especially the performance version you have. I would take it back to the shop and get them to re-bleed the damper to make sure its good.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
I would email Fox and ask for their opinion on it. I am guessing they will say it sounds like there is air in the damper because that's what it sounds like to me. The wheezing and sucking sound is not what fluid moving through the damper should sound like. If that is what Fox says I would take the shock back to the shop that rebuilt it and ask for another bleed. If the bike shop pushes back and says that sound is normal show them what Fox wrote you.

Since your local shop already said that's a normal sound and they already bled it for you once I'm guessing they wont want do to it again.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007322
Mobile Version of Website