Is it worth it to upgrade a 2007 specialized P.1?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Is it worth it to upgrade a 2007 specialized P.1?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 8, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
Hi guys,

New to dirt jumping and grabbed a 2007 specialized P.1 for 400 CAD. Ended up loving it, but wonder if it’s worth to upgrade or just buy a new one?

Posted: Nov 8, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
What upgrades does it have or is it stock?

Its priced right if complete and all in working order.

Posted: Nov 8, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
I don’t know if it’s all stock but it is in working order. Had it looked at by a bike shop and they said it was a good deal. Just wondering if I should upgrade it all and whether or not it makes more sense to buy a new bike or upgrade the shit out of this one?

Thanks,

Matt

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 6:31 Quote
All preference man I’d say if you like it do small upgrades that could be transferable if you change your mind.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 11:40 Quote
If solely for the purpose of saving money, then yes. But if you have the funds to play with your be much happier with a more current geometry bike. All that being said...what is the bike actually being used for? Casual riding around....pumptrack....big jumps...etc. A more current bike you’ll find has better more aggressive geometry for serious jumping and or park riding.
No hate on the bike you have, I had a few P bikes from that era. All good bikes.....but nothing compared to modern ones.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005172
Mobile Version of Website