2005 kona stinky for 600$ usd

PB Forum :: Kona
2005 kona stinky for 600$ usd
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 8, 2020 at 17:51 Quote
Looking at buying one in my area. I ride mountain creek in vernon nj and my XC hardtail isnt cutting it anymore. Im 16 in a strict house so im only allowed to buy local and since I work at a bike shop and Im paying for this myself my budget is under $800. This fits the bill. Anything I should look out for? Is this a horrible decision? And what should I upgrade if I buy it?

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 20:25 Quote
samiamcas204 wrote:
Looking at buying one in my area. I ride mountain creek in vernon nj and my XC hardtail isnt cutting it anymore. Im 16 in a strict house so im only allowed to buy local and since I work at a bike shop and Im paying for this myself my budget is under $800. This fits the bill. Anything I should look out for? Is this a horrible decision? And what should I upgrade if I buy it?
I've had three Stinkys and still am riding a 2009 Stinky Six. But I still ski on skinny skis with pins, so probably not the best role model. That said you're 16 and funding it yourself that's awesome. You might need a lighter spring on the shock if you're fairly light, other than that I'd say just ride it for a while and replace what doesn't work for you over time.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
FortRock wrote:
samiamcas204 wrote:
I've had three Stinkys and still am riding a 2009 Stinky Six. But I still ski on skinny skis with pins, so probably not the best role model. That said you're 16 and funding it yourself that's awesome. You might need a lighter spring on the shock if you're fairly light, other than that I'd say just ride it for a while and replace what doesn't work for you over time.

So funny enough, Its been awhile since I posted that and I ended up getting a 2011 Rocky Mountain flatline pro for 700$ which worked amazing for a season. Im now selling it and Im about to buy a 2016 Rocky Mountain maiden.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008249
Mobile Version of Website