Best poppy trail bike?

• Previous Page
Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 10:50 Quote
I would like to buy a trail bike for max 3.5k cad. Not looking for value, I just want a good frame mostly. I would prefer 27.5, 140 or 150mm front travel. Short cs as well. Rn I am looking at the RM thunderbolt and the Kona process 134 27.5. What do you guys suggest?

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 12:14 Quote
Norco Optic might be a good shout.

Transition Smuggler.

Process 134 is a good option.

YT Jeffsy.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 12:16 Quote
tom666 wrote:

Transition Smuggler.

YT Jeffsy.

Optic is out of my price range, couldnt find the smuggler. Yt jeffsy looks good, I will consider that. Thanks.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
In that price range I would look at finding a quality used bike. You would definitely be getting something nicer for a better value. If you want a poppy bike I would look into an Ibis Mojo or maybe a yeti.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
tom666 wrote:

Transition Smuggler.

YT Jeffsy.

Optic is out of my price range, couldnt find the smuggler. Yt jeffsy looks good, I will consider that. Thanks.

Look at the optic c3, under your price limit by 500 cad

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
benneyboi wrote:
Kamiizoo wrote:
tom666 wrote:

Transition Smuggler.

YT Jeffsy.

Look at the optic c3, under your price limit by 500 cad
its 3.75k and I dont want to spend any more than 3.5k, but would rather spend closer to 3k.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 12:30 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:
In that price range I would look at finding a quality used bike. You would definitely be getting something nicer for a better value. If you want a poppy bike I would look into an Ibis Mojo or maybe a yeti.
Okay. Used could be a great option I guess, just gotta find the right bike for the right price.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
Xanderxcl wrote:
Okay. Used could be a great option I guess, just gotta find the right bike for the right price.

Yeah, The buysell on Pinkbike is a great place to look. Since you can set a price, wheel size, travel, location filter.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 12:45 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:
Kamiizoo wrote:
Xanderxcl wrote:

Yeah, The buysell on Pinkbike is a great place to look. Since you can set a price, wheel size, travel, location filter.
yeah I know. I have bought and sold multiple parts on it, I just didn't think about buying a bike from it.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 13:16 Quote
Buysell and second hand in general is a lottery. You can sometimes get a killer bike for a bargain price but you can also buy a bike that's been heavily used for a good %% of it's original retail. At that point you'd have been way better off buying a high value new bike - like a YT.

Vitus Escarpe is another good option btw

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 13:23 Quote
love my giant trance

140mm rear 150 front

plenty fun but kinda dated geo

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 13:24 Quote
Agree if you are set going new look into a YT. That is if they aren't out of stock.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:

Used is a good idea. Mojo 3 or 4, or a Santa Cruz 5010, transition scout...

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:
Agree if you are set going new look into a YT. That is if they aren't out of stock.
not dead set on new, but would prefer it because the frame would be in the best condition. I am just gonna overhaul the parts on it most likely anyways.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Buysell and second hand in general is a lottery. You can sometimes get a killer bike for a bargain price but you can also buy a bike that's been heavily used for a good %% of it's original retail. At that point you'd have been way better off buying a high value new bike - like a YT.

Vitus Escarpe is another good option btw
havent looked at the escarpe much, but its vitus so itll be out of stock in 15 seconds once it restocks. Low chance of me getting it. And for used I am looking around a bit, not seeing much I like though.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009045
Mobile Version of Website