sponsor house, why is it soo bad?

PB Forum :: Downhill
sponsor house, why is it soo bad?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:40 Quote
i know this topic has been talked about loads of times but what i want to know is why sponsor house is so bad! do you not get offers? if you do what do u get? some people say its bad because they only give you discount, thats not a bad thing!
even riding with a few company logos on my jersey would make me happy as it would emply to other companies that you are good and could be sponsored, if you are just going to complain about this topic then please done bother there is no point, if you can offer help then it is greatly appreciated!
thanks
callum

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:42 Quote
Isn't it because the "discount" isn't actually discount. They basically just try and sell you excess stock or something like that at more or less the same price, its a marketing gimmic is what i heard.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:43 Quote
thanks for letting me know, there must be some good things about it tho?! Confused

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
callumr123 wrote:
thanks for letting me know, there must be some good things about it tho?! Confused
Guess it gives you a little confidence if you feel like a large brand is "sponsering" you.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
so u can work your way up to a good sposorship? what do u get?

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:53 Quote
djman22 wrote:
Sponsor house is really good acctually because you can get really good sponsors to start you off, and if your results are good they will make your sponsorship better. And they dont just sell you old stock, i am currently sponsored and i can but brand new 08 products.
I can buy brand new 08 stock too, and funnily enough I'm not sponsered. It's called a local bike shop. The whole thing is a joke to most of the companies, If DavidMakalaster finds this thread he will explain.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
who is david makalaster?

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
o god. ^ you will learn son, you will learn

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
btw that was to callumr123

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
if you are going to aargue do it on your profiles, who is david makalaster?

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 14:01 Quote
callumr123 wrote:
if you are going to aargue do it on your profiles, who is david makalaster?

Someone who explained to the-ultimate-cyclist about what he believed in was crap. He'll explain again to most of you if he's in a nice mood.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
sounds like a jackass

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 14:04 Quote
djman22 wrote:
callumr123 wrote:
sounds like a jackass

No he is acctually a very smart person when it comes to bikes he just has some strong opinions about some things.

99.9% they're extremely correct opinions too, I think some people are easily taken in my marketing schemes. For some maybe it will turn out to be beneficial but for most they're still going to be making a killing out of you guys on profit.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 15:16 Quote
the thing about sponsor house which is bad is that no matter if your an amazing rider or a rider who can barely hit tabletops it doesnt matter how good you are everyone has the same chance, if i wanted to i could make up a person who doesnt even exist and get them a bunch of sponsors off that site, without posting pictures or anything

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.053542
Mobile Version of Website