Daylight savings timezone issue DST GMT +12

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Daylight savings timezone issue DST GMT +12
Author Message
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 15:01 Quote
@canadaka this is really messing with my TF usage, stats, data, reports etc and is generating a lot of misinformation.

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 20:48 Quote
Ok this is getting out of control here,

actual ride
2:54 on Tuesday, 2 February 2021

Trailforks
Friday February 5, 2021 - 3:54 am


this is absolutely wrecking my data!


TF support emailed

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 2:42 Quote
I manually changed the day/date timezone to pacific Auckland 2/2/2021 12:54pm and saved it.

but it changed to Alaska time or something?! did it again and the same thing.

Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 16:58 Quote
no reply to my email but something seems to have changed, have the TF guys been fiddling with settings?

seems to be a timezone setting is wreaking havoc here, my ridelogs have no timezone loaded and I can't manually add or change one.
the default seems to be Antarctica but I'm in Auckland,New Zealand.

example Saturday January 2, 2021 - 11:17 am is correct on TrailForks and also on Strava
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/20731085/ bottom right timezone is blank

if I hit edit on the ridelog the timezone defaults to UTC+13 Antarctica/McMurdo and the title says Edit Ridelog Jan 1, 2021 ridelog
change the timezone to UTC+13 Pacific/Auckland it does this Sunday January 3, 2021 - 8:17 am

edit it again and it says Edit Ridelog Jan 2, 2021 ridelog

WHAT A TOTAL MESS! Attention Very confused

Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 17:14 Quote
if I manually edit my ridelog timezone to UTC+3 Africa/Djibouti it corrects to the proper time/date tup

confirmed - perfect, I edited another ride to the correct time an date but with the timezone set to UTC+3 Africa/Djibouti and it updated to the actual correct time and date

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 0:43 Quote
NewmarketMTB wrote:
if I manually edit my ridelog timezone to UTC+3 Africa/Djibouti it corrects to the proper time/date tup

confirmed - perfect, I edited another ride to the correct time an date but with the timezone set to UTC+3 Africa/Djibouti and it updated to the actual correct time and date

so now after editing a few ridelogs to timezone UTC+3 Africa/Djibouti, down the bottom right it says Timezone: Europe/Moscow and the trail reports time/date is now wrong.


still no reply to my email from TrailForks staff.

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 13:27 Quote
Got a reply from TF yesterday, it's on the list.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 2:01 Quote
I dreaded this from happening again but as DST kicked in yesterday - it's back.


15:56 on Sunday, 26 September 2021 Whangarei District, Northland Strava and everything else
Monday September 27, 2021 - 11:56 am TrailForks

it's 20 hours out Blank Stare

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 19:50 Quote
* New trail submission date is also wrong as shown below.
* the app date/time is wrong.
* the preview ridelog date is wrong.


Submitted by NewmarketMTB t413 t5,030 on Oct 1, 2021 @ 7:45pm Oct 2, 2021 @ 3:45pm is the correct date/time

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 2:47 Quote
app time is way wrong.

initially the TF site is correct till you add a trail report or edit, I have to manually change the timezone to +8 GMT to trick it to work.

why hasn't this been fixed? am I the only one?! Madder

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
come on guys! Cry the app time is wrong, the hover tips are wrong, the website is correct, the preview on the site is wrong.
if you edit your ride to add or remove trails it defaults to 0000 timezone and is just a mess.

Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 17:25 Quote
NewmarketMTB wrote:
come on guys! Cry the app time is wrong, the hover tips are wrong, the website is correct, the preview on the site is wrong.
if you edit your ride to add or remove trails it defaults to 0000 timezone and is just a mess.

seems to still be out for me. I just did a hike with the mrs on New Years day and its telling me i walked on the 31st.

Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 19:13 Quote
philo-bedo wrote:
NewmarketMTB wrote:
come on guys! Cry the app time is wrong, the hover tips are wrong, the website is correct, the preview on the site is wrong.
if you edit your ride to add or remove trails it defaults to 0000 timezone and is just a mess.

seems to still be out for me. I just did a hike with the mrs on New Years day and its telling me i walked on the 31st.

it's a total and absolute mess at my end now! can't believe they haven't fixed this yet It's been like this for well over a year Posted: Nov 11, 2020 at 13:41 [although it was a problem before I posted this]

my ultra messy 'trick' of editing the ridelog timezone to GMT +8 now doesn't work and I have to use GMT+5?!
we are in New Zealand which is currently GMT+13

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 12:58 Quote
What do I need to do to get this resolved?



Posted: Jan 11, 2022 at 13:54 Quote
I'm having a similar issue but I'm only using Trailforks.

My "Submitted On" flag is in the future - in fact it's so far in the future that given I'm in Australia it's impossible.

The "Updated On" is working fine though.

Am I doing something wrong? Seems to have stopped working at the start of 2022. Everything was working fine until then.

It's annoying as my RideLog is a day out of whack.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008282
Mobile Version of Website