Transition Spur

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spur
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 15, 2020 at 21:17 Quote
Has anyone used Fox suspension on the Spur instead of the RockShox ?
Thoughts and differences ?
Thanks in advance ,
Steve

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 10:51 Quote
Sadly I have not, but it looks good for Lars...

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 4:01 Quote
i havent used fox on a spur but it works really well on my carbon transition smuggler so i imagine it would be a great match with the spur. Also it would alleviate some of the issues spur owners have with the leaking sid forks and shocks and premature bushing wear (as seen on other forums this seems to affect some owners though im not sure how many as a percentage). I remember the huck to flat testing on the xc field test and the new sid flexed a little bit more than there fox counterparts so i guess this would be a noticeable difference too. This is something i notice between my smaller reba and fox 32 equipped bikes (haven't used the new sid yet as am on fox 34's on the smuggler) the fox fork is stiffer (yes even on the 32 which most complain is noodly).

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
I am building a Spur currently and am going to be putting a Fox 34 Stepcast on the front instead of the SID purely because of the bushing play I have heard that fork having, plus I am a larger rider and would benefit from a slightly stiffer fork in the 34. I think both Rockshox and Fox would be great on the bike just have to weigh your own personal pros and cons and finances.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004718
Mobile Version of Website