LIV embolden vs Tempt 0

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
LIV embolden vs Tempt 0
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 10:56 Quote
Hi! Newbie here and looking for a decent trail bike. I am currently on a trek marlin 5 and looking to upgrade to something a little nicer. I am just getting into mountain biking so wont be doing any racing or downhill anytime soon. Really looking for something that can navigate single track with roots, rocks and some small jumps. I will be out with my 6 and 8 year old most of the time so we wont be on any super technical trails. My husband is leaning towards the Embolden 2 but having never ridden a full suspension I don’t know if it’s worth the extra money. I was thinking the Tempt 0 would be a good choice and is a bit cheaper. Looking for any recommendations, our budget is about 1500. We are open to other brands also. I am 5’3”, 28” inseam and about 130lbs.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 21:34 Quote
In that price range, you'll get a lot more for your money in a hard-tail vs. full-suspension. My first recommendation would be a Salsa Timberjack. It's hard to beat for the money - especially when you consider that the adjustable dropouts and multiple fork travel options make for a very versatile and upgrade-able bike. The Kona Honzo series is a close 2nd, but they are more expensive, and have fewer build options.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004422
Mobile Version of Website