Lightest SB150?

PB Forum :: Yeti
Lightest SB150?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
Curious to what the lightest 150 out there weighs? Just got a T1 Verde 150 size L and always interested in how light it can go, coming off of a Stumpy and would like to lighten it up a little.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 14:48 Quote
Mine in a large is 37lb

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:00 Quote
Depending on frame size you can get it into the low 29lb range with loads of carbon parts.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 7:47 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:
Depending on frame size you can get it into the low 29lb range with loads of carbon parts.
I'm running a size Large so doubt it could go that low for me, currently a XT T1 build and swapped the Fox 38 for a Lyrik. Looking to get some carbon wheels and start trimming down

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
Don't ever sacrifice performance for lightweight parts on a burly enduro bike it's not worth it. Go light on the wheels and mayne drivetrain and that's it. More sprung to unsprung mass is favourable for a cushy ride, unsprung mass being the wheels, sprung mass beinh the frame and you ect. These bikes are not weight weenie xc hardtails, you want to pick components that create maximum grip, braking power and supple suspension, you will notice shit ride quality way more than losing 3lbs of weight and spending £200 on handlebars ect to get there.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Don't ever sacrifice performance for lightweight parts on a burly enduro bike it's not worth it. Go light on the wheels and mayne drivetrain and that's it. More sprung to unsprung mass is favourable for a cushy ride, unsprung mass being the wheels, sprung mass beinh the frame and you ect. These bikes are not weight weenie xc hardtails, you want to pick components that create maximum grip, braking power and supple suspension, you will notice shit ride quality way more than losing 3lbs of weight and spending £200 on handlebars ect to get there.

I agree with this. Go with a good quality pair of carbon wheels and a light groupset. You could do other things to drop the weight but don't make it fragile.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 9:50 Quote
Exactly, anyone with enough money can build something stupid light, 1300g wheels, 75g saddle, 300g Clavicula cranks, 100g Scmolke handlebars, lightweight inline air shock ect but it would cost the earth and ride like absolute shite, not to mention probably be dangerously fragle.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 10:35 Quote
I'm a heavy guy and not looking to get crazy, just curious to see what was possible and do notice a difference coming from the stumpy. I won't be going past a wheel set and possible changing drivetrain, not a big fan of Shimano myself so helps make the decision. Only got the T1 build because of a huge savings I got

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005244
Mobile Version of Website