I give up - back on dh tires

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
I give up - back on dh tires
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 15:31 Quote
I wish there was a tire called the Schwalbe Naysayer that was really a cross country tire, so if you were an enduro oriented trail rider I could say, "pay no attention to the naysayers".
Not only do I have DHR/DHFs on my bike but my entire family has DHR/DHFs on their bikes including my sister.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 16:55 Quote
mustclime wrote:
Wild enduros with mynesweepers. Maxis rubber sucks imo

Kenda Nevagal have been my DHR/F killer.

The Nevagal X Pro will be my next set.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 17:13 Quote
They are all hardpack tyres, guess if you only ride hardpark flowtrail like in the usa they would be great, wouldn't want to use them at downhill centre full of mixed terrain though, especially here in the UK, Nevagals are just cheap tyres that are sold in Halfords, a general car accessories amd cheap bicycles place here in the UK.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 18:05 Quote
I’m actually pretty impressed with the WTB tough casings. I am savage on them and have had minimal problems. Unfortunately they’re as heavy as DH tires.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 18:53 Quote
Kenda Neveragain lol

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 20:41 Quote
You can't get away with a DD up front?
What pressures were you running with the
Exo front and rear
Exo+ front and rear
Dd front and rear
Dh front and rear

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:44 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
They are all hardpack tyres, guess if you only ride hardpark flowtrail like in the usa they would be great, wouldn't want to use them at downhill centre full of mixed terrain though, especially here in the UK, Nevagals are just cheap tyres that are sold in Halfords, a general car accessories amd cheap bicycles place here in the UK.

The shitty reguritated 2005 ones, or the legit Nevegal2? cause that's actually a good tire. Not DHF grip but good weight/speed/grip/durability balance. The pinner is also a great tire. Hellkat AGC grips like nothing else

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 0:09 Quote
I’m rocking the ebike tires on my evil. Eddy current F &R and they’re actually epic. I wish they made 2.4”

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 5:03 Quote
DHhack wrote:
Ooofff wrote:
DHhack wrote:
I keep trying different options and I keep coming back to the good old dhf/dhr2 combo in dh casing.

Flame away
if it’s sloppy I would try a shorty I run one and digs in really nice

Not much soft stuff here locally. Rocks and roots galore though on trails that are fairly hard packed in.
I think the assegai is pretty good on that type of stuff and they do I in exo+

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 18:15 Quote
englertracing wrote:
Exo front and rear
Exo+ front and rear
Dd front and rear
Dh front and rear

DH 22/24 will rim strike only if I really case a big gap
DD was the 2.3 sizing and needed 26/28 but rocks would go through the tread portion
EXO+ I think was 24/26 didn’t last 100 miles
EXO I don’t remember

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 20:45 Quote
I wish there was a dhr2 2.4 or 2.5 in the 3c maxx Terra dh casing.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 22:08 Quote
DHhack wrote:
englertracing wrote:
Exo front and rear
Exo+ front and rear
Dd front and rear
Dh front and rear

DH 22/24 will rim strike only if I really case a big gap
DD was the 2.3 sizing and needed 26/28 but rocks would go through the tread portion
EXO+ I think was 24/26 didn’t last 100 miles
EXO I don’t remember

Dhfs dh 2.5 f/r on a dh bike 30mm internal i run 23/28
Set for rock strikes really.

Dhfs dd 2.5 r on a trail bike 35mm internal I run 27psi
Exo+ I haven't ran
Dhf exo 2.5 f/r on a trip bike 35mm internal I run 23/29
Popped a big ol hole in the last exo rear I ran.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 3:40 Quote
I've tried the Maxxis DHR/DHF thing and thought I would try something different. Jumped on some Kenda Hellkat's... Brilliant tyre. Have it in the Enduro casing. So impressed I have also ordered the gravity casing for the rear of the enduro rig and for the front of the trail bike Smile

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Assegai / DHR II is what I’ve ended up liking the best. Tried most of Maxxis & Schwalbe’s range but this combo seems to take the beating and keep me on my bike. I mostly ride park and DH.

When hitting the local trails during autumn and winter I tend to ride Nobby Nic.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Drove a few hours away for some trail riding over the weekend. I’d actually forgotten that the dhr2 is decent at making it up technical climbs, not quickly mind you but I did maintain traction in spots I had never cleaned before. Catching my buddy (very fast local guy) in rock gardens was fun, he didn’t notice I was on dh casing lol

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006175
Mobile Version of Website