The Everything Primer....Thread

PB Forum :: Intense
The Everything Primer....Thread
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 19:02 Quote
Discuss the Primers.

I’ll start: I’m on a 2020 Primer and am about to change out the volume spacer in the Fox Factory DPX2. Any input on what spacer to go with per body weight? I’m 230 lbs right now.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 19:48 Quote
Dirtjunkie1 wrote:
Discuss the Primers.

I’ll start: I’m on a 2020 Primer and am about to change out the volume spacer in the Fox Factory DPX2. Any input on what spacer to go with per body weight? I’m 230 lbs right now.

I also have a 2020 Primer, I would go up a spacer size from stock, set sag and you should be able hop the bike around and slam down with body weight to get a good idea if that spacer is holding up from getting full bottom out. If you're able to bottom out, go next size up.

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 at 18:05 Quote
Dirtjunkie1 wrote:
Discuss the Primers.

general idea with air shocks and spacer is the more pressure you run the less spacers you run because the spring curve is progressive. Light riders will run max spacers while heavier riders will run less

Posted: Dec 9, 2020 at 20:09 Quote
So those two replies are contradicting the other.

So before seeing these responses:
I’m heavy at 230lbs. I went up in thickness with the spacer. Still have to run the same amount of pressure to get 30% sag. So Mr. Percussive is saying I should go down in spacer size instead of up.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010275
Mobile Version of Website