$$$$ of bikes are going through the roof $$$$$

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
$$$$ of bikes are going through the roof $$$$$
Posted: Dec 2, 2020 at 17:48 Quote
JustAnotherRiderHere wrote:
holytrails wrote:

Again I love our sport. But I’m not supporting the greed of some these companies at that $12,000 price point. Ridiculous!

How exactly is charging a figure for an item that the market bears greed? Imagine what would be said if you posted that exact same thing on a Ferrari website, or, heck even a Corvette website.....no one is forcing you to purchase any bike, let alone a nice bike (or watch, or suit, or car, or home............)

Apparently you didn't read my post. I said no one is forcing me to buy the bike. Sheesh.

Comparing exotic cars to bikes is not a lateral comparison either.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 2:53 Quote
Apparently you didn't read my post. I said no one is forcing me to buy the bike. Sheesh.

Comparing exotic cars to bikes is not a lateral comparison either.[/Quote]

Sure it is a valid comparison...no one needs either...oddly, I happen to have both.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 0:42 Quote
JustAnotherRiderHere wrote:

Comparing exotic cars to bikes is not a lateral comparison either.

Sure it is a valid comparison...no one needs either...oddly, I happen to have both.[/Quote]

cool. i'll trade you an ebike for one of your exotic cars Smile

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 2:10 Quote
How exotic are we talking, Pagani Huayra, Bugatti, some rare classic... Or some 100'000 mile Ferrari 360 or Nissan GTR picked up for 30 grand on the used market? In which case a £12k bike is a third of the way there or a mini cooper s new would be the same price.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 11:15 Quote
Looks like 5k is the new 2.5k new even dtc. Looks like 4k is the new 1.5k used.

I think it is interesting that people pay so much.
It is not surprising people and mfr price this way...if people will pay. Look at the cost of a new pick up truck.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 11:46 Quote
I'm still waiting for someone to explain why you can get a motorbike which has a hell of a lot more technology in it than a pushbike, quite often for a lot less, infact a lot of pushbike tech is borrowed from the motorbike industy.

The worst reasoning i've heard so far is that there are too many bike companys competing with each other (they would actually lower their prices if this was the case)

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
Maybe you Americans haven't cottoned on to how much your money is becoming more worthless each day, if you think it's bad now, wait till the day comes that your government can't just keep printing money to keep themselves afloat whilst devaluing all the money you guys have... You are getting robbed in front of your own eyes.
If you want to know how much debt you are in as a country, how does $80'000 per citizen sound? But don't take my word for it, look for yourself.
https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Don't believe all the shit you read in media about stocks going up ect even if they appear like they are atm, because one day you're gonna fall, and fall hard and your money will be so worthless looking at bikes like this will be like fantasizing over a Ferrari. Here in the UK we are f*cked too, but just not to the tune of $27 trillion +....but hey all worth it for the strongest military right? As long as you can fight and defend yourselves physically it's worth the economic cost...

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
So what you're saying then, is that America won't be great again anytime soon.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 12:41 Quote
DJ-24 wrote:
So what you're saying then, is that America won't be great again anytime soon.

That neither America, UK or many other countries will be great any time soon. Instead of letting the inevitable happen and putting up with a smaller economic collapse, our governments particularly the USA is printing fiat money left right and centre to pay off their debt, but unknown to a lot of Americans, that isn't just free money, it's all based on gold and the actual money the country has, so if the government is printing money to pay off debt all they are actually doing is changing the proportion of how much paper money they have relative to their citizens, the actual real amount of money the country has doesn't change just now the government has more notes and the notes the general population have are becoming worth less and less each day.... This can only go on so long band aiding it like this, before America can be 'great again' it first needs to fall and accept the reality they are in too much debt, the longer the government keeps band aiding it the harder America is going to fall and the longer it will take to recover.... So basically yea, Merica won't be great again for a loooooong time regardless of whatever shit the big dog himself blurts out during his speeches.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 15:42 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Maybe you Americans haven't cottoned on to how much your money is becoming more worthless each day, if you think it's bad now, wait till the day comes that your government can't just keep printing money to keep themselves afloat whilst devaluing all the money you guys have... You are getting robbed in front of your own eyes

What? You must want people to die, you and all your "facty facts"...how dare you let facts bother with our feelings. Where is my safe space?

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 16:56 Quote
It's sad that America was once great, but it hasn't been for a long long time, unfortunately your leaders still keep clinging on to the past and act like everything is hunky dory "america is great", "god bless america" and all that kind of cheesy spiel still vomiting from their mouths brainwashing large parts of the population. Look at Detroit, once the richest city in the world reduced to one of the poorest piles of rubble where you wouldn't let your cat loose at night in the street.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 17:04 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
It's sad that America was once great, but it hasn't been for a long long time, unfortunately your leaders still keep clinging on to the past and act like everything is hunky dory "america is great", "god bless america" and all that kind of cheesy spiel still vomiting from their mouths brainwashing large parts of the population. Look at Detroit, once the richest city in the world reduced to one of the poorest piles of rubble where you wouldn't let your cat loose at night in the street.

You've typed a whole bunch of words, yet the American dollar is still strong globally despite continually printing more......why do you suppose that is?

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 17:12 Quote
Do the folks complaining in this thread have no concept of capitalism? Of supply and demand?

Here, I'll help you out with a quick lesson:

Scenario #1:

You own a widget company. The market is willing to pay $10.00 for your widget all day long. Would you sell it for $6.00 because it is, "more fair"? What would you do when your employees demanded $25.00/hr minimum wages and cadillac health insurance, paid leave, paid maternity and family leave?

Scenario #2:

You own a widget company. You price your widget at $10.00 and NOBODY buys it. What do you do?

moral of my little story?

QUIT WHINING on internet forums (it does zero good for your cause!) and DON"T buy $12,000.00 bikes if you don't agree with the cost. Pretty simple, really......

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 17:19 Quote
am going to follow this just to learn about politics and the economy... Smile

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 17:23 Quote
I payed $3000 CAD in 2004 for a 26" Specialized Enduro Expert. (No dropper post- didn't exist then).
2021 price for a Specialized Stumpjumper Comp is $3700 CAD, with a dropper post, more travel, better suspension, WAY better geometry, 29" wheels.
Really the price has barely gone up & I'm pretty sure the 2021 would destroy the old 2004.
Problem is, we all like the carbon & bling!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013155
Mobile Version of Website