$$$$ of bikes are going through the roof $$$$$

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
$$$$ of bikes are going through the roof $$$$$
Author Message
Posted: Dec 9, 2020 at 18:34 Quote
holytrails wrote:
To those of you riding these $12,000 bikes. Does it really perform $6000 better than a $6000 bike? Do you enjoy it $6000 more than a $6000 bike?

You are super focused on this for some reason and Danzzz gave you a great answer, I think. The question is better do you need a $12,000 bike and honestly if you can't answer that question for yourself, the purchase is probably going to be lost on you. I mean that as objectively as possible, not as a putdown.

These are shredding race machines in their respective disciplines for shaving fractions of seconds. Whether the fractional returns on dollars spent are valuable to you depends on your experience, skill, and needs.

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 5:07 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Are some people dumb or what? Of course a 12k bicycle won't ride twice as good or more than a 3k bicycle ect, just as a Stradivarius doesn't sound twice as good as a £1000 violin, or sirloin steak doesn't taste twice as good as a rump, or a Rolex doesn't tell the time twice as good as an Omega. Do the more expensive items do it better? Yes...are they 'literally' twice as good? Of course not, it's a f*cking bicycle ffs, two wheels a seat and some pedals, wtf you expect it to do, f*cking fly? That doesn't mean it isn't a more refined experience though and those with good jobs or can afford to buy such bicycles should be perfectly entitled too. If you have to moan about the price then you can't afford it plain and simple, so stop even looking or stop being a lazy f*ck and try and progress in your career and better yourself. So tired of these retarded arguments on here, it's like you yanks love to do nothing but bitch about the semantics of a conversation, get a life really...

Yes, actually. Aot of people are dumb, and that's being polite. The law of diminishing returns is a difficult concept for most to understand. Doesn't help either that for decades consumers have been molded to believe "you get what you pay for."

Any of you guys in to audio? LoL

I just woke up. My brain hurts. Where's my coffee?

Edit: You make a logical fallacy Danzzz. You assume/presume that people who complain about the cost of products can't afford them. I most certainly can afford a $12k bicycle, more than 1 if I want. Easily. Without credit. TBH I could prolly walk in to most cycling shops and become an owner, if they are a franchised. If I really wanted. Then I could give myself ALL the bro-deals LoL. There's a difference between cheap & broke HaHaHa

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 5:46 Quote
Being able to afford something doesn't just mean you have enough money in the bank to buy it, it means that either you think the item you are buying is worth the money or even if you don't, you have enough disposable income that it's cost it irrelevant to you... If you have enough disposable income then a 12k bicycle isn't a case of if you can afford it, it's a case of do you want it. If we go off just money we have in the bank I'm sure most could go to some restaurant and pay a thousand dollars for a meal, doesn't mean they can afford it just because they have enough money put away that can pay for it. Most people can't afford a merc or bmw with their wages but they get them on finance even if it's not the responsible thing to do.. you got to think, if you are on 4 x the money as someone else then that someone else just has to save up for 4 x as long, so what takes you a week to afford takes them a month, it's all about priorities, not to mention when you are payed a good wage you get absolutely hammered and throw nearly half of it to tax anyway....

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 5:59 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Being able to afford something doesn't just mean you have enough money in the bank to buy it, it means that either you think the item you are buying is worth the money or even if you don't, you have enough disposable income that it's cost it irrelevant to you... If you have enough disposable income then a 12k bicycle isn't a case of if you can afford it, it's a case of do you want it. If we go off just money we have in the bank I'm sure most could go to some restaurant and pay a thousand dollars for a meal, doesn't mean they can afford it just because they have enough money put away that can pay for it. Most people can't afford a merc or bmw with their wages but they get them on finance even if it's not the responsible thing to do.. you got to think, if you are on 4 x the money as someone else then that someone else just has to save up for 4 x as long, so what takes you a week to afford takes them a month, it's all about priorities, not to mention when you are payed a good wage you get absolutely hammered and throw nearly half of it to tax anyway....

Nope. You are wrong. Rest of the post ignored.

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 6:05 Quote
m1dg3t wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
Being able to afford something doesn't just mean you have enough money in the bank to buy it, it means that either you think the item you are buying is worth the money or even if you don't, you have enough disposable income that it's cost it irrelevant to you... If you have enough disposable income then a 12k bicycle isn't a case of if you can afford it, it's a case of do you want it. If we go off just money we have in the bank I'm sure most could go to some restaurant and pay a thousand dollars for a meal, doesn't mean they can afford it just because they have enough money put away that can pay for it. Most people can't afford a merc or bmw with their wages but they get them on finance even if it's not the responsible thing to do.. you got to think, if you are on 4 x the money as someone else then that someone else just has to save up for 4 x as long, so what takes you a week to afford takes them a month, it's all about priorities, not to mention when you are payed a good wage you get absolutely hammered and throw nearly half of it to tax anyway....

Nope. You are wrong. Rest of the post ignored.

If you say so...couldn't care either way lol

Would be interesting to hear your perspective that if you have more than enough disposable income why would buying a 12k bicycle affect you? The answer is if you did have enough it wouldn't. Maybe you're not as rich as you think, I know a manager of a company and he has a fleet of 40+ cars from Ferraris to old American station wagons, doesn't seem to be affecting him financially. He buys wtf he wants...

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 6:34 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
m1dg3t wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
Being able to afford something doesn't just mean you have enough money in the bank to buy it, it means that either you think the item you are buying is worth the money or even if you don't, you have enough disposable income that it's cost it irrelevant to you... If you have enough disposable income then a 12k bicycle isn't a case of if you can afford it, it's a case of do you want it. If we go off just money we have in the bank I'm sure most could go to some restaurant and pay a thousand dollars for a meal, doesn't mean they can afford it just because they have enough money put away that can pay for it. Most people can't afford a merc or bmw with their wages but they get them on finance even if it's not the responsible thing to do.. you got to think, if you are on 4 x the money as someone else then that someone else just has to save up for 4 x as long, so what takes you a week to afford takes them a month, it's all about priorities, not to mention when you are payed a good wage you get absolutely hammered and throw nearly half of it to tax anyway....

Nope. You are wrong. Rest of the post ignored.

If you say so...couldn't care either way lol

Would be interesting to hear your perspective that if you have more than enough disposable income why would buying a 12k bicycle affect you? The answer is if you did have enough it wouldn't. Maybe you're not as rich as you think, I know a manager of a company and he has a fleet of 40+ cars from Ferraris to old American station wagons, doesn't seem to be affecting him financially. He buys wtf he wants...

LoL You really like pissing matches & semantics, eh? I gave you my perspective. Sorry it wasn't a 500 word diatribe.

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 6:52 Quote
As I said earlier.....

photo

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 7:06 Quote
It's simple, if you have 'more than enough money' you buy what you want. If you don't buy it because you don't think it's worth the cost probably means you could use that money elsewhere for something AKA you don't have enough money to buy all the things you want and need to prioritise. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

And to think, a guy calling others stupid that knows less about his own countries economy and how money works than a guy who doesn't even live there or study economics...

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
It's simple, if you have 'more than enough money' you buy what you want. If you don't buy it because you don't think it's worth the cost probably means you could use that money elsewhere for something AKA you don't have enough money to buy all the things you want and need to prioritise. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Problem is, that threshold is vastly different for each of us.

You are proving your genius by continuing to post your opinion on this repeatedly.....

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 7:11 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
As I said earlier.....

photo

LoL Is that supposed to be an insult? From my perspective you are projecting your own inadequacies.

I've got 1 for you: Never argue with idiots. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
He meant it for me I think

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
It's simple, if you have 'more than enough money' you buy what you want. If you don't buy it because you don't think it's worth the cost probably means you could use that money elsewhere for something AKA you don't have enough money to buy all the things you want and need to prioritise. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

And to think, a guy calling others stupid that knows less about his own countries economy and how money works than a guy who doesn't even live there or study economics...

Yes, it really is simple. You are wrong. Be jubilant in your ignorance and rejoice with those who join you!

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
He meant it for me I think

Well, you guys are in a bit of a circle jerk... LoL

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 7:18 Quote
Jesus, how old is everyone on Pinkbike, the banter on here is ridiculous, literally every thread... I'm so used to it I'm not even offended I'm just like wtf is going on...

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
This quote is a keeper: "Never argue with idiots. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Thank you.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts



Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.092920
Mobile Version of Website