21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
Posted: May 11, 2022 at 20:17 Quote
So I just got a 2022 Stumpjumper Evo and I'm loving the ability to carry extra water when 1 bottle isn't enough but I don't need a big hydration pack. Does that SWAT bladder ever stop tasting like you're drinking out of a pool raft?! I've cleaned it with soap and water multiple times but the taste is still pretty bad even after I pour it into my bottle.

Posted: May 11, 2022 at 20:43 Quote
BaeckerX1 wrote:
So I just got a 2022 Stumpjumper Evo and I'm loving the ability to carry extra water when 1 bottle isn't enough but I don't need a big hydration pack. Does that SWAT bladder ever stop tasting like you're drinking out of a pool raft?! I've cleaned it with soap and water multiple times but the taste is still pretty bad even after I pour it into my bottle.

I did a few rinses with baking soda and vinegar. that helped quite a bit.

Posted: May 12, 2022 at 13:41 Quote
formerbmxguy wrote:
fitzy564 wrote:
Any s1 evo owners bump their fork to 160mm? The s2+ is 160, not sure why the s1 didn't get the same.

the 150 air shaft on the S1 is to lower the stand over, if you've got room to put a foot down, you should be fine bumping up the fork.

Fun fact: the S1 stumpy evo also has 145mm rear travel

Did not know that. I might bump it up. Can I overstroke the shock to 150mm?

Posted: May 12, 2022 at 21:20 Quote
ctopherb wrote:
BaeckerX1 wrote:

I did a few rinses with baking soda and vinegar. that helped quite a bit.

Thanks. I'll have to try that. That's what I use to clean my stovetop.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 13:37 Quote
formerbmxguy wrote:
sorry in advance, as I'm sure it's been asked already,

I've got a factory X2 in my garage waiting to be put on, but I'm not sure of the Fox mounting hardware I need to make that happen. Any info will be appreciated, thanks!

Stumpjumper EVO 2021 (New)
S1: 210mm x 50mm
S2-S6: 210mm x 55mm
m8 x 20mm
Open Eyelet
https://thelostco.com/pages/shock-hardware-database

You need that m8 x 20mm mounting hardware. What I did was transferred from my dpx2 to the X2 and then kept the dpx2 as backup getting another kit to install the mounting hardware with help from a couple local shops.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 19:57 Quote
I’m 6’3 and ran a 210mm dropper on my old 2019 Kona Process. I could have easily fit the 240mm. I just got my Evo frame and I’m curious if y’all think I could fit the 240 on it.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 0:41 Quote
Parkershark wrote:
I’m 6’3 and ran a 210mm dropper on my old 2019 Kona Process. I could have easily fit the 240mm. I just got my Evo frame and I’m curious if y’all think I could fit the 240 on it.

Probably not. I've got an S4 and worked out 200 would be the max, that's with some of the post sticking out, I don't think it would work slammed. What size frame is it? You could check the specialized website and look at the numbers on the evo to see what the max insertion depth would be. Also depends on how far out of the frame the post would be.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 1:08 Quote
birnie wrote:
Parkershark wrote:

Probably not. I've got an S4 and worked out 200 would be the max, that's with some of the post sticking out, I don't think it would work slammed. What size frame is it? You could check the specialized website and look at the numbers on the evo to see what the max insertion depth would be. Also depends on how far out of the frame the post would be.
@birnie what is the length of your seat tube ( from bottombracket to seatrails in cm)? I have an S4 as well and would like to have more drop. I measure 78 cm on mine.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 3:00 Quote
mtbwillems wrote:
birnie wrote:
Parkershark wrote:

@birnie what is the length of your seat tube ( from bottombracket to seatrails in cm)? I have an S4 as well and would like to have more drop. I measure 78 cm on mine.

You can't measure to the bottom bracket to work out the max insertion. There is a kink in the seat tube that stops you putting the post all the way in. The max insertion on the S4 is 220mm. So depends on the stack height of the post you'd be using and how far out of the frame the post would be.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 11:55 Quote
mtbwillems wrote:
birnie wrote:
Parkershark wrote:

Its an S5. I'll run the 210 and if I think I can get more, I'll give the 240 a shot. The nice thing about the One Up posts is they are adjustable by I think 20mm of drop.

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 0:17 Quote
Is a next-gen Stumpjumper EVO coming for 2023?

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 21:27 Quote
Habasch69 wrote:

No! Just came out for 2022 and its really good,

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 14:34 Quote
Habasch69 wrote:

lol. Can't see any major updates for years. The Enduro that was released in 2019 (2020 model) is pretty much the same for 2023. The days of drastic changes every 3 years is over for non ebikes.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 14:45 Quote
Habasch69 wrote:

Its still winning bike reviews of its class. Why change it?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 16:56 Quote
Guess it depends on what you consider significant. I expect the Enduro STA to get quite a bit steeper (and if it doesn't then Spesh is making a big mistake). Hope they incorporate the adjustability of the STEVO too - i'd consider that a big change. Plus size specific change stays... 442 across sizes is not ideal. I heard kinematic improvements are in the works too.

Maybe it's not one single item that seems like a huge improvement anymore but the sum of tweaks mentioned would produce a different bike (even if the silhouette is the same).

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005884
Mobile Version of Website