21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 17:56 Quote
noplacelikeloam wrote:
Yes it’s the s works frame.

The ICR tube is one long tube through the front and rear triangle so be careful you don’t pull it out of the port retainer at the headtube. Don’t pull it too hard!

Keep going and find something long to push it through the chain stay port. It’s fiddle but will work.

Thinking about trying one of those magnet cable routing tools

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 18:01 Quote
Xhellcat wrote:
noplacelikeloam wrote:

The ICR tube is one long tube through the front and rear triangle so be careful you don’t pull it out of the port retainer at the headtube. Don’t pull it too hard!

Keep going and find something long to push it through the chain stay port. It’s fiddle but will work.

Could work also.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 3:45 Quote
noplacelikeloam wrote:
Xhellcat wrote:
noplacelikeloam wrote:

Could work also.

Has anyone tried to use the little red revurb barb tool? I have some new Hope E4 with braided lines that im thinking about fitting to my evo comp. Anyone managed to fit a braided line through the ICR?

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 12:57 Quote
HobNob wrote:
Running a coil on mine (EXT Storia V3).

Think the only thing standard is the frame & fork. I could only get the Expert on a deal from a friend so that's what I ended up with.

Otherwise, it's been great for the last 4 months Smile

Stevo.

Any idea how much lighter are the DT1501s are over the stock wheels?
I've a pair to put on my comp, already happy with the relatively light weight in stock form so any further saving will be a bonus.
Also going to stick on some carbon one up bars and stem and a lighter saddle.

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 2:02 Quote
markricho wrote:
HobNob wrote:

Think the only thing standard is the frame & fork. I could only get the Expert on a deal from a friend so that's what I ended up with.

I've a pair to put on my comp, already happy with the relatively light weight in stock form so any further saving will be a bonus.

I haven't actually weighed the stock wheels, quick Google says the Rovals are ~1900g, the XM1501's are 1760g.

That's not actually a bad weight for the Rovals, the XM's are probably my all time favourite wheelset, they are lighter than most carbon wheels, super reliable, durable & ride nicely.

I also had a spare X01 cassette, so saved off the GX the bike came with, but running a DD rear DHR2 2.4 & and a MaxxGripp EXO+ Assegai, which means they probably net out about the same as stock, just better wheels with tyres that don't want to kill you Smile

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
I believe the posted weight for the Rovals is not the weight for OEM Roval wheels. I read a thread somewhere where the OEM ones weighed in significantly heavier. Above 2100g if I remember right.

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 12:27 Quote
I didn't weigh them, but they did not feel sub 2000g when I was taking the tubes out.

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 13:58 Quote
I will try and weigh them when I swop them over if I get time to take tyres off.

Might try the stock tyres in summer when it's warm and dry.......hopefully.

The comps have the shimano centre lock hubs and the expert has roval/dt hubs, don't think there will be much between the 2 stock setups, the experts hubs might be a tad lighter.

I've had the 1501s on a Rallon for 2 years and they've been superb apart from rear bearings running dry and creaking badly so had to change them, I'm a bit more careful with the degreaser now!

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 0:24 Quote
Chief2slo wrote:
I believe the posted weight for the Rovals is not the weight for OEM Roval wheels. I read a thread somewhere where the OEM ones weighed in significantly heavier. Above 2100g if I remember right.

Possible - I didn't check, but had a look last night as I have just chucked them on the spare parts pile in the garage - they arn't the cheaper looking Roval hubs, the rear is definitely a DT (360, as it's pawl, not ratchet) & they look identical to the ones on the Roval site so assume they match.

Maybe the comp use the cheaper Specialized branded hubs, which adds weight?

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 4:06 Quote
Possible, I’ll be swapping mine off my expert in a few weeks when I get home and I’ll weigh them.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 7:23 Quote
The regular stumpy Expert has the Roval Traverse wheels while the Comp just has "Roval Hookless Alloy" wheels

Looks to be the same for the EVO models

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 14:14 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
Anyone running a coil shock, been told by spesh not compatible now and the shock on the LTD now replaced with a aircan ?
I've got a LTD reserved in LBS and its got a coil, would be interested to know if this is due to supply or other issues! Anyone have a hotline to Specialized?

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 2:39 Quote
arrowheadrush wrote:
The regular stumpy Expert has the Roval Traverse wheels while the Comp just has "Roval Hookless Alloy" wheels

Looks to be the same for the EVO models

Evo comp has roval rims with generic shimano hubs.

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 5:19 Quote
AD4M wrote:
Anyone with an S3 evo managed to fit a longer dropper than the stock 150mm Xfusion manic in it? The evo is my 1st 29er and I'm surprised at how much the saddle is in the way on descents, even though my previous 27.5 had a 150mm dropper and I had no issues with it...

I just built up an 2021 S3 and my 180mm One Up dropper works just fine. For reference I’ve got a 30” inseam and run clip less pedals.

I would recommend upgrading to the One Up 180 because if it ends up being a tad bit too tall you can always bump it down 10 or 20mms

Hope this helps!

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 5:22 Quote
markricho wrote:
HobNob wrote:

Stevo.

Is that coil holding up? I’ve noticed they widened and beefed up the rear linkage and yoke...maybe that’ll help with the side loading forced that would kill coils on the previous generation?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007380
Mobile Version of Website