21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 17:29 Quote
johnovey wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:
OK Thanks - will order a CC link. But does anyone know if the CC link and the WRP mullet link work OK together?
It's one or the other. I don't believe CC makes a mullet link.

correct but the WRP link is the Shock yoke and CC make the FSR bridge or whatever its called.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 18:20 Quote
Got my replacement frame, treated myself to a new shock too.
New frame and shock

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 20:18 Quote
cmarwood wrote:
What happend to old one?

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 21:57 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
cmarwood wrote:
What happend to old one?
Cracked downtube

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 22:12 Quote
cmarwood wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:
cmarwood wrote:
What happend to old one?
Cracked downtube

did they replace it or crash replacement?

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 3:40 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
OK Thanks - will order a CC link. But does anyone know if the CC link and the WRP mullet link work OK together?
I had a chat with WRP a while ago and they told me it should work. They hadn´t tried it before but told me it should work.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 7:50 Quote
cmarwood wrote:
New frame and shock

How you liking it? I’m so torn on the coil for this bike….

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 11:11 Quote
mtbwillems wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:
I had a chat with WRP a while ago and they told me it should work. They hadn´t tried it before but told me it should work.

Thought there was a thread here that said it wouldnt work?

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 11:43 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
did they replace it or crash replacement?
Crash replacement unfortunately

Cantle406 wrote:
cmarwood wrote:

How you liking it? I’m so torn on the coil for this bike….
It feels amazing. Still getting it dialed in but so much nicer than the dpx2.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 14:02 Quote
noplacelikeloam wrote:
mtbwillems wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:

I asked WRP on insta and he said they work together. - click the wee icon below to see the chat screenshot.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 14:24 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
noplacelikeloam wrote:
mtbwillems wrote:

I asked WRP on insta and he said they work together.

Sweet!

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 9:38 Quote
having issues with my '22 stumpjumper evo headset. wanting to know if anyone else is having this problem: the stock headset from the beginning couldn't seem to find the proper preload torque. it was either slightly loose and letting the headset cup move slightly in the frame, or i could get the play out but then my bars just wouldn't turn freely. there was no middle ground. the only thing i can come up with is that the removable/ adjustable headset cups sit in the frame much looser than a standard pressed in cup, and it is allowing for play. i added shims under the dust cap on top of the top bearing, with the cap being way too high from the frame but thinking maybe there was some rubbing, and it still isn't helping. i have talked to specialized techs, shop friends, and nobody seems to have a solution. i even bought a new upgraded headset from wolftooth that is specifically designed for this frame, and i have the same issue. is this a warranty? anyone else have this problem?

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
kirchenschlager wrote:
having issues with my '22 stumpjumper evo headset. wanting to know if anyone else is having this problem: the stock headset from the beginning couldn't seem to find the proper preload torque. it was either slightly loose and letting the headset cup move slightly in the frame, or i could get the play out but then my bars just wouldn't turn freely. there was no middle ground. the only thing i can come up with is that the removable/ adjustable headset cups sit in the frame much looser than a standard pressed in cup, and it is allowing for play. i added shims under the dust cap on top of the top bearing, with the cap being way too high from the frame but thinking maybe there was some rubbing, and it still isn't helping. i have talked to specialized techs, shop friends, and nobody seems to have a solution. i even bought a new upgraded headset from wolftooth that is specifically designed for this frame, and i have the same issue. is this a warranty? anyone else have this problem?

Did you install the bottom headset race in the frame? Or did you pick it up built from a shop?

I was tired assembling my Evo, totally forgot to install the bottom bearing race. Kept having binding steering, could not figure it out until I got some sleep and went through my frame parts box the next day and saw it.....#facepalm.

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 4:16 Quote
cmarwood wrote:
New frame and shock

hey, specialized have agreed to replace my 2020 stumpy evo with a 22 stumpy evo s works frame, as the 2020 models arnt available anymore.

i can see that the strut/yoke looks like aluminium, Are the replacements actually s works or are they just normal frames with that branding on? i assumed that the s works framesets come with a carbon strut..

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 11:02 Quote
The reviews have all said The sworks frame is the same as the normal Carbon frames, especially for the latest spec.

ive wonderd this too, but when i held a sworks frame and compared to my Expert frame, same weight and everything with linkages looks the same, except price and the sticker/paint. ended up buying the Expert frameset at the time because it was cheaper.
the shop owner told me their was no difference on the latest EVO's, the sworks guys will still froth from the mouth because it says sworks though lol

Also from my previous posts about the lack of support in the evo platform, Ive gone up to .6 spacer and its for suure significantly better, i can however feel the "nice ride" starting to lose its magic.
Im looking at trying .7 soon and seeing if i can open LSC some more, otherwise might have to move to a SDU w/MGNG or commit to buying the cascade link.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008289
Mobile Version of Website