21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 6:31 Quote
Hope I don't get shot down in flames, but I'm not sure why people are putting cascade links and 170mm forks on their Evos. Surely the Enduro would make more sense or am I missing something? No hate, just curious.

Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 8:47 Quote
maxnomas wrote:
Hi anybody has lifted the front end to 170mm travel? what are your thoughts?

Im currently riding mine with the cascade link and a 170mm zeb. lo setting and middle cup

feels and ride pretty well IMO

Same setup here. I Like a 170 fork, and have no complaints. Couldn’t imagine running a 160 fork with this setup because pedal strikes would be plentiful. I run 165mm cranks now, and still get a few pedal strikes. Not enough to worry about though.

Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 8:56 Quote
I am running my evo with the cascade link, lyrik 170mm fork, lo/long bb, and middle headset setting also. Think this is good. I tried running in the slack position with a Zeb 170, and got clicking/clunking type noise from the headset. Much like you would get in past with a cane creek angle set gimbles moving. Just sounded and felt a bit different on the evo.

Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 17:44 Quote
howejohn wrote:
maxnomas wrote:
Hi anybody has lifted the front end to 170mm travel? what are your thoughts?

I'm currently riding mine with the cascade link and a 170mm zeb. lo setting and middle cup

feels and ride pretty well IMO

I'm curious as to what people think about the 170 fork. I just got a smashpot fork and need to tear apart anyways and it would easy to add the spacer, plus it would fit my spring rate better anyways. I'm just worried about unusable the headset adjustment would be in the my low setting.

I really like the 170mm fork. I have a ‘22 evo, set in lo bb setting, middle headset. Tried slack headset setting but started hearing clicking/clunking type noise from the headset. Much like you might feel with a cane creek angle set when the cups would shift.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 22:58 Quote
birnie wrote:
Hope I don't get shot down in flames, but I'm not sure why people are putting cascade links and 170mm forks on their Evos. Surely the Enduro would make more sense or am I missing something? No hate, just curious.

I owned both and I can say a LT evo makes perfect sense in the right situation.. It just depends where you live - I'm from the UK originally and unless I lived 5miles from a bike park I'd not bother with an enduro or a LT evo

Where I live now warrants an enduro DH 5mins ride from my home but the climbs are tech and the enduro feels long and clumsy, the stock evo feels good but too trail bike for me DH and the majority of the time unless riding full tilt, the enduro does make everything too easy and not really that fun.

The LT evo is the bridge between both imo, so much so I parted with the enduro and I've been happy. Once the high alpine riding season starts the 2-3,000ft unpaved/singletrack climbs to un-shuttle-able locations will actually be fun.

I run a 38 & X2 + CCL and it's ideal for me

** The enduro does perform better deeper in its travel BUT the x2 and CC help out alot

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 5:54 Quote
Saying goodbye to this one, been a damn good bike, probably the best I've ever owned.

photo

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 8:17 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Saying goodbye to this one, been a damn good bike, probably the best I've ever owned.

photo

Why are you getting rid?

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 9:05 Quote
BarneyStinson wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

photo

Why are you getting rid?

I wanted a white one. lol

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 11:10 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
BarneyStinson wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

photo

Why are you getting rid?

Fair enough, my one gripe about my carbon/olive SJE is that it’s a bit plain looking.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 11:10 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
BarneyStinson wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

photo

Why are you getting rid?

Haha! So white is a new black.

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 11:27 Quote
2 things at play here lol

1. I am tired of black bikes, I've had so many damn black bikes over the years...

2.I have always wanted a pure gloss white bike, never had the chance to own one.

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 14:14 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
2 things at play here lol

1. I am tired of black bikes, I've had so many damn black bikes over the years...

2.I have always wanted a pure gloss white bike, never had the chance to own one.

I get you. I had the same thing going when I decided to get my gloss clay evo. Then I bought the frame up option last year. Cheers to swapping bikes just for the color of it.

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 15:43 Quote
Frame decals, people. Work wonders on a boring black bike.

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 17:28 Quote
Seriously with the black bikes. Enough.

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 17:55 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
Seriously with the black bikes. Enough.

Preach!

But also, someone buy this lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010930
Mobile Version of Website