21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 0:26 Quote
cvoc wrote:
ennisthemenace wrote:
ennisthemenace wrote:

As far as I can see Spec only covers workmanship and not accidents.

Update, Carbon repair guy says it's just a scratch Big Grin

That’s good news! But yeah, maybe a stronger rock guard is a good investment.

Might just sell it and get a Raaw JIB, good beefy frame with a long shock stroke.

Stumpies are for normal size people Smile

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 1:34 Quote
KSP-PRODUCTIONS wrote:
Here's my Evo LTD getting ready to be shipped, I should get it in 2 weeks, I can't wait !!!

My new SJ EVO LTD getting build by Aistriu 3
What shock do you have? I got my LTD in February and it has a coil, but newer ones have air.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 5:47 Quote
nxtowns wrote:
KSP-PRODUCTIONS wrote:
Here's my Evo LTD getting ready to be shipped, I should get it in 2 weeks, I can't wait !!!

What shock do you have? I got my LTD in February and it has a coil, but newer ones have air.

Super Deluxe Select Plus !!

How do you like the bike so far ? I haven't heard any reviews on the LTD yet. My bike is still somewhere in a plane / truck, can't wait lol

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
KSP-PRODUCTIONS wrote:
nxtowns wrote:
KSP-PRODUCTIONS wrote:

How do you like the bike so far ? I haven't heard any reviews on the LTD yet. My bike is still somewhere in a plane / truck, can't wait lol

mechanic looks like Jack Black lol

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
KSP-PRODUCTIONS wrote:
nxtowns wrote:
KSP-PRODUCTIONS wrote:

Really happy with it, really inspires confidence- the coil (super deluxe select plus) works well - I'm unsure of the rationale for the switch other than some comment that air is "more reliable & robust". I've not tried the altering the head angle, bike shop lost the flipchip, but specialized has sourced one, so when it comes, I'll have a go.
I've not worked out how to post a photo, but its a great looking bike - enjoy!

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 0:45 Quote
I have Evo Ltd 2021
It came with Zeb Select+ fork and Ultimate Select+ shock.

I changed the fork to Fox 36 Factory, because Zeb is too heavy for my rides, don't need such a bulky fork. And I had a fork ready as a spare part. Sold the Zeb.

The bike is now more poppy and the front end is easier to lift.

Even the rear shock is working fine, I have ordered Fox Float X Performance Elite.

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 0:49 Quote
NateMob wrote:
noplacelikeloam wrote:
NateMob wrote:

Did you grab another CC Link or are you back on the stock link with the x2?

Still on the CC link. Cant sell an Orange CC link for love or money, lol!

I'm "watching" if but can't bring myself to put the orange on my bike. lol

I have Fox 36 Factory 170 on my Evo Ltd. Works fine and you don’t notice much difference.

Front medium and rear high. Just measure bottom bracket height, it's 341 mm, bike size is S3

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 19:38 Quote
What are peoples thoughts on bar height. My s4 came with a ton of spacers under the headset. Felt good but wonder about lowering the front a bit. I already have a lower rise bar, should have measured twice haha.

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 20:00 Quote
bainer66 wrote:
What are peoples thoughts on bar height. My s4 came with a ton of spacers under the headset. Felt good but wonder about lowering the front a bit. I already have a lower rise bar, should have measured twice haha.

I find it’s best to go on back-to-back rides with the spacers stacked at each extreme (low / high) to really get a feel for how it changes your body positioning, tire weighting, etc. That way you avoid theoreticals and placebo. Once you feel out both heights, fine tune back to the middle.

Just keep in mind, raising the stem shortens the reach and vice versa. Also, with a really slack head angle and short stem, you can’t raise it super high or you’ll move the bars behind the steering axis and get some off handling characteristics. So ideally you’d want something like a 50mm stem for the high stack and a 40mm stem for the low stack. Not totally necessary to just feel out the bar height though.

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 20:26 Quote
Sounds good. Likely in the ball park but some trail and error sounds like the way to go. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 17:20 Quote
I have it posted to Pinkbike buy/sell, but I’ve got an s5 frame I’m looking to trade for an s4. Bought it too big. Hoping someone bought too small.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 20:24 Quote
Has any put a Float X on their stumpy Evo?

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 20:56 Quote
unclerickmtb wrote:

Specialized did for 2022 models. I'd have to think it works better, but I haven't had a chance to ride one yet.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 5:45 Quote
unclerickmtb wrote:

I changed to Performance Elite and tune id is D94Q. Just rode a test ride with it, but not sure which is better Rockshox Super Deluxe or Fox Float X

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 0:12 Quote
mcharza wrote:
unclerickmtb wrote:

I changed to Performance Elite and tune id is D94Q. Just rode a test ride with it, but not sure which is better Rockshox Super Deluxe or Fox Float X

Keep us posted on how you like it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007956
Mobile Version of Website